https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/92834-a_xmas_miracle_i_am_receiving_kudoz_notifications_on_a_not_yet_listed_email_account.html

A Xmas miracle! I am receiving Kudoz notifications on a not yet listed email account
Thread poster: Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:58
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Dec 28, 2007

How is this possible?

I recently switched from DSL to cable. We are talking about two different providers (the phone company and the TV cable company. They hate each other bitterly, there is no such thing as a forwarding service.) I am still in the middle of the transition and right now I maintain a wireless network (phone company DSL) as well as a wireless cable network (cable co.).

The new cable-email address is still web-based until the transition is finalized.
... See more
How is this possible?

I recently switched from DSL to cable. We are talking about two different providers (the phone company and the TV cable company. They hate each other bitterly, there is no such thing as a forwarding service.) I am still in the middle of the transition and right now I maintain a wireless network (phone company DSL) as well as a wireless cable network (cable co.).

The new cable-email address is still web-based until the transition is finalized.

The new email address is not yet listed at all with Proz.com.

Yet I am sporadically receiving Kudoz questions on my new email account. How is this technically possible?

Blows my mind.

Does my laptop require an exorcist?

It's not really a problem, but: HOW COME????

Thanks a ton for input and I wish you all beautiful holidays!

Nicole

[Edited at 2007-12-28 01:43]
Collapse

Margreet Logmans (X)
Margreet Logmans (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 22:58
English to Dutch
+ ...
Have you sent anything from your new account? Dec 28, 2007

Because if you have, the address you sent it from will be known to the recipient.
It does not really explain it though, because I think Kudoz notifications are generated automatically.

Spooky!

Nicholas Ferreira
Nicholas Ferreira  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:58
Spanish to English
+ ...
ProZ knowz all... Dec 28, 2007

They know when you are sleeping, they know when you're awake, they know when you are bad or good,... and they know your new e-mail address too!

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:58
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Only on Sundays and Tuesdays... Dec 29, 2007

I only received 7 KudoZ questions to the new account, the rest goes to the old account as it's supposed to be.

Oh well...

?????? Hm...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A Xmas miracle! I am receiving Kudoz notifications on a not yet listed email account

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »