https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/70058-my_language_pair_specific_trados_problem_hindi_marathi.html

My language pair specific Trados problem (Hindi/Marathi)
Thread poster: truptee
truptee
truptee  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:48
French to English
+ ...
Apr 6, 2007

I use SDL Trados 2006 Freelance.

My language pair specific Trados problem is this :
Language pair - English -> Marathi (or English-Hindi)
Each time - I translate a word file using Tag Editor.
Trados takes Arial Unicode MS as its default font.
After the translation is over, I clean the file. Till here no problem.
But after cleaning the file, when I open the cleaned file in MsWord, I cannot see the translation as it has turned into boxes.
Each tim
... See more
I use SDL Trados 2006 Freelance.

My language pair specific Trados problem is this :
Language pair - English -> Marathi (or English-Hindi)
Each time - I translate a word file using Tag Editor.
Trados takes Arial Unicode MS as its default font.
After the translation is over, I clean the file. Till here no problem.
But after cleaning the file, when I open the cleaned file in MsWord, I cannot see the translation as it has turned into boxes.
Each time I have to re-do the work by opening each segment (Trados finds match for each segment and then I go on to the next segment) using Translator’s Workbench. And this time around the default font becomes Mangal. This means more time being wasted unnecessarily.

The reason for using TE (and not TWB) for translating was invariably there would be some problem with TWB and I started finding TE more reliable. TE even changes the font to a Devnagari (Marathi or Hindi) automatically.

Can I get some advice/solution to this wastage of time?
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 09:18
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
your RTF reader in Word... Apr 6, 2007

...when I open the cleaned file in MsWord, I cannot see the translation as it has turned into boxes.....

... is not expecting Unicode input. I know how to do in VBA (sigh) and I assume, you can tweak Word by activating the "Confirm conversion on open" checkbox in Tools/options/General (note: i have a German word, so I do not know for sure, if this is correct translation, hope you find it).

Regards and let us know

smo

[Edited at 2007-04-06 08:48]

kiran123 (X)
kiran123 (X)
English to Marathi
hey!!writing in marathi is easy noe... Jun 6, 2007

hiiii....i hav com across a site named www.quillpad.in
this helps you to write in marathi...in this,if you write marathi in english script,it will convert to marathi script i.e devnagiri script...try this..

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My language pair specific Trados problem (Hindi/Marathi)

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »