English to Spanish
Spanish to English
| Begoña Yañez |
Bilingual Developmental Psychologist
Local time: 05:44 GMT (GMT+0)
| Freelancer, Verified site user |
|Translation, Editing/proofreading, Training|
|Education / Pedagogy||Social Science, Sociology, Ethics, etc.|
|Medical: Health Care||Mathematics & Statistics|
|General / Conversation / Greetings / Letters||Tourism & Travel|
English to Spanish - Standard rate: 0.06 GBP per word / 15 GBP per hour
Spanish to English - Standard rate: 0.06 GBP per word / 15 GBP per hour
| PRO-level points: 93, Questions answered: 64, Questions asked: 42 |
|Years of translation experience: 7. Registered at ProZ.com: Sep 2002.|
|English (The Oxford School Examination Board, SEG)|
English to Spanish (Cambridge University (ESOL Examinations))
Spanish to English (Cambridge University (ESOL Examinations))
English (University of Sussex, Brighton, UK)
|MetaTexis, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Access, Microsoft ASP, Microsoft excel, Microsoft Frontpage, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Word, Xanadu Translator, Powerpoint|
Education, Psychology, Statistics, Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Science, Sociology, Travel and Tourism, websites, art and Literature, comercial, sales, marketing, Telecomunications and personal, such as letters, wedding and party invitations, emails, etc.
I am currently working as an online freelance translator for octopustravel.com and Lingo24, but I have plenty of time available to work for other clients and agencies.
I love what I do and I do it well. I am constantly learning and improving myself as a person and as a professional. Let me help you with your translations and you will not be disappointed.
Diploma in Bereavement Counselling (Chrysalis Clinic, Worthing, UK).
Diploma in Psychotherapy (Chrysalis Clinic, Worthing, UK).
Diploma in Hipnotherapy (Chrysalis Clinic, Worthing, UK).
BA (with Honours) Developmental Psychology, University of Sussex, UK.
Oct.2003 to present day
Freelance Translator (English-Spanish) for Lingo24, 18-20 Queen’s Road, Aberdeen, AB15 4ZT, UK.
* Translating hotel reports, tours and other travel services.
Aug. 2001 to present day
Translator / Freelance Translator (English-Spanish/Spanish-English) for Octopustravel and Gullivers Travel Associates, Gulliver House, 27 Goswell Rd., London EC1 7GT, UK.
* Translating into Spanish Octopustravel's website (www.octopustravel.com).
* Translating into Spanish Gullivers Travel Associates' website (www.gta.com): WTM Presentation Translation Templates in Flash format and list of key words.
* Translating 10,000+ hotel reports, hundreds of national and international tours and other travel services using SDLwebflow, in their London office’s call centre and at home.
* Translating company's documents such as Corporate Profile, Generic Proposal, Booking Terms, Site Terms, Services Provided, FAQs, Affiliates Programme and Terms for their offices in London, Los Angeles, Hong Kong and Sydney.
* Translating Octopustravel.com “News Flashes” and “easyjet Hotdeals”.
Sep. 02 - Oct.02
Freelance Translator (English to Spanish) for Daniel Rowley, 2 Terminus Street, Brighton BN1 3PE, East Sussex, UK. Details as follow:
* Translation of a final year thesis “Brain Hemispheric Lateralization in Pan troglodytes”. Thesis to be published in the Spanish Journal of Comparative Psychology. (40,000 words)
* “Index Pointing in Pan troglodytes”, an observational and general study, to be published in the Spanish Journal of Cognitive Science. (25,000 words).
* “Index Pointing in a Sample of Male and Female Pan troglodytes”, an observational and gender comparative study to be published in the Spanish Journal of Cognitive Science. (25,000 words).
Freelance Translator (Spanish to English) for Cartronic Memory SA (a Telecommunications Engineering Company), Islas Cies 43, 28035 Madrid, Spain.
* Translating the company’s presentation booklet (20,000 words) to be seen in their website.
Feb 2001-Apr 2001
Freelance Translator (Spanish to English) for Bernardo Gonzalez, 65A Edburton Avenue, Brighton BN1 6EQ, East Sussex, UK.
* Translation and proofreading “The Blues Diaries”, to be sent to publishers in the UK. (125,000 words)
Apr 93-Jan 94
Freelance Translator (Spanish to English) for Julio Yañez Golf, Francisco Silvela 26, 28028 Madrid, Spain
* Collaboration in several translations of Spanish Army technical books for the Spanish Ministry of Navy.
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE
From Jan 03-Oct 03
Night Care Assistant, Cardene Residential Home, Patcham, Brighton.
From Jan 00-Jul 01
English Teacher (All Levels), Private Tuition at home and workplace, Spain.
From Mar 99-Dec 99
Special Needs Ancillary Assistant at St. Mark’s CE Primary School, Brighton, UK
From 1990 to 1992
Survivors’ Network Coordinator and Self-Help Groups Facilitator, Brighton, UK
From 1984 to 1999
Spanish Teacher, (All Levels) Private Tuition, Brighton, UK
From 1982 to 1984
General Duties Assistant in Hostel and Aupair in Brighton, UK.
Keywords: accommodation, hotels, tours, travel services, maps, guides, website, affiliate programme, company profile, FAQ, psychology, hypnosis, hypnotherapy, Psychotherapy, sociology, education, e-mails, essays, projects, research, studies, thesis, letters, telecommunications, army, novels, blues, letters, emails, invitations
Profile last updated
Nov 29, 2013