https://www.proz.com/forum/business_issues/52218-bookkeeping_software_any_recommendations.html

Bookkeeping software - any recommendations?
Thread poster: Willemina Hagenauw
Willemina Hagenauw
Willemina Hagenauw
Local time: 05:23
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jul 28, 2006

I am looking for some bookkeeping software for my very small business (one translator)! I would like to be able to generate invoices, be able to use the information in a ledger for my accountant etc. etc. so nothing complicated, as my accountant does my accounts each year.
Can anyone recommend simple, easy to use software. I am based in the UK

Patricia Fierro, M. Sc.
Patricia Fierro, M. Sc.  Identity Verified
Ecuador
Local time: 23:23
English to Spanish
+ ...
Translation Office? Jul 28, 2006

Hi,

Do you think that Translation Office might help you?

This is the website www.translation3000.com just in case.

There are many postings at this site and even Knowledgebase Articles on this topic.

Good luck,
Patricia

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 06:23
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
second that Jul 29, 2006

I have been using translation3000 for the last few months and it made my accounting much easier.

Willemina Hagenauw
Willemina Hagenauw
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks! Jul 30, 2006

Vito Smolej wrote:

I have been using translation3000 for the last few months and it made my accounting much easier.

What I would like it to do is to automatically transfer the invoice details (figures etc.) to a type of ledger book that I can then give to my accountant every year for my accounts. Does it do that?

What do you mainly use it for?

Willemina Hagenauw
Willemina Hagenauw
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jul 30, 2006

Patricia Fierro, M. Sc. wrote:

Hi,

Do you think that Translation Office might help you?

This is the website www.translation3000.com just in case.

There are many postings at this site and even Knowledgebase Articles on this topic.

Good luck,
Patricia

Many thanks, Patricia, are you using it yourself? And what do you find the advantages? I am not very technical so it has to be a simple system!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bookkeeping software - any recommendations?

Translation news

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »