how to send note to asker?
Thread poster: proteus
proteus
proteus
Romanian to English
+ ...
Aug 8, 2006

I'm a bit lost..

How do I send a note to the Asker without answering the question and without commenting on an answer given by someone else?

Thanks!

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:47
English to Turkish
+ ...
Click 'Ask asker' button Aug 8, 2006

Right under the 'Summary of Answers' window, upper row, second button from left.

HTH
Özden

proteus
proteus
Romanian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No 'ask asker' button Aug 8, 2006

Thanks for responding Özden, and I looked exactly where you indicated, but there's nothing there. :S In fact, I *scoured* the whole page, but there is no 'ask asker' button. All I see is the "Answer" button.

[Edited at 2006-08-08 19:15]

awilliams
awilliams
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:47
Italian to English
+ ...
KudoZ points required Aug 8, 2006

Hi,
This has come up several times before in the forums. If I remember rightly, you need 20 KudoZ points + 24 hours to view and use the Ask the Asker button.

Best,
Amy

PS From the KudoZ FAQ: "'Ask the asker' allows members to request additional context or other clarification from a KudoZ asker. The function is available to members who have earned 20 or more K
... See more
Hi,
This has come up several times before in the forums. If I remember rightly, you need 20 KudoZ points + 24 hours to view and use the Ask the Asker button.

Best,
Amy

PS From the KudoZ FAQ: "'Ask the asker' allows members to request additional context or other clarification from a KudoZ asker. The function is available to members who have earned 20 or more KudoZ points".
The rest I took from here (and here).

[Edited at 2006-08-08 18:09]
Collapse

proteus
proteus
Romanian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks so much! Aug 8, 2006

Thanks very much Amy! I did do a search before I posted this question but didn't turn up anything. As one of the posts you referenced suggested, this information should be in the FAQ page.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to send note to asker?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »