Thread poster: SteBe (X)
SteBe (X)
SteBe (X)
Local time: 18:53
Spanish to German
+ ...
Feb 6, 2008

Hello everybody,

yesterday, when I logged in to my account and went to "My notifications", this page had been changed without prior notice and a new "mail monitor" showed up. Does anyone know what is really the use of it? I do not need to check with this monitor whether I have received certain messages or not and I would appreciate it, if this monitor could be removed from my account.

Thanks in advance.

SteBe

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
It's there for a long time Feb 6, 2008

Hi SteBe,
The mail monitor exists for some time already (2 years (?), if I'm not mistaken). It was introduced, because many "I don't get any notifications" complaints are actually caused by various mail filters and anti-spam devices on the user end. The monitor helps you to establish where to look for a solution, if you don't get notifications you're supposed to receive.

To set your notifications you need to go to "My dashboard" (right above "My notifications")

HT
... See more
Hi SteBe,
The mail monitor exists for some time already (2 years (?), if I'm not mistaken). It was introduced, because many "I don't get any notifications" complaints are actually caused by various mail filters and anti-spam devices on the user end. The monitor helps you to establish where to look for a solution, if you don't get notifications you're supposed to receive.

To set your notifications you need to go to "My dashboard" (right above "My notifications")

HTH,
Magda
Collapse

SteBe (X)
SteBe (X)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It has not been there Feb 6, 2008

Magda Dziadosz wrote:

Hi SteBe,
The mail monitor exists for some time already (2 years (?), if I'm not mistaken).

HTH,
Magda
[/quote]

Hi Marta,

this may be the case with you, but since I became a member (December 1st, 2007) this Mail Monitor has never been located under the My Notifications tab of my account, or if it was, I had no access to it.

Best regards

SteBe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change of My Notifications

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »