Thread poster: C. Gennari
C. Gennari
C. Gennari
Local time: 08:03
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 23, 2009

Hello,

what would be a decent rate for voiceover in Canada? (Italian)

Thank you!!

Johanna Timm, PhD
Johanna Timm, PhD  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:03
English to German
+ ...
voiceover rates Mar 23, 2009

My standard rate for voiceovers is C$ 80 per hour, with a minimum 3-hour commitment (i.e. a minimum fee of C$240). Any additional fees, including for studio rental and – this is optional – for a checker (a second person who monitors my articulation/intonation/pronunciation for accuracy) are covered by the client. To ensure a smooth and efficient recording, I usually receive my texts 3 days prior to the scheduled recording which allows me to practice my reading.

Hope this hel
... See more
My standard rate for voiceovers is C$ 80 per hour, with a minimum 3-hour commitment (i.e. a minimum fee of C$240). Any additional fees, including for studio rental and – this is optional – for a checker (a second person who monitors my articulation/intonation/pronunciation for accuracy) are covered by the client. To ensure a smooth and efficient recording, I usually receive my texts 3 days prior to the scheduled recording which allows me to practice my reading.

Hope this helps and good luck!
johanna
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

voice over rates question

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »