Cultural and Linguistic Consultant in the Audiovisual, Communications, New Technologies and Digital Imaging fields.
Multilingual, dual-national (UK/USA), business and linguistic consultant with international experience as producer, director, and film & TV actor, spanning extensive years and multiple cultures in the audiovisual industry. Guest curated and founded a number of international A-list film and theatre festivals and related events. Experienced coach for public speaking and presentation skills, and voice-over artist with many films, documentaries, and TV shows dubbed, narrated, and recorded in the USA, UK, France, and Armenia. Helped many clients achieve intercultural communication and management goals.
Recent translation work
1. History of Usury in the World (Arabic to English)
2. A novel by Arif Nihat Dursun (Turkish to English)
3. On-going collaborator of CRDT-Paris as Turkish language (current and Ottoman)
4. Film descriptions, synopses, press kits, press releases, and related promotional and marketing materials.
1. The Cut: feature film by Fatih Akin – Voice over/ ADR & Dubbing. Éclair Group France.
2. Moving Stories – French Subtitles (from English).
3. Sojourn At Ararat – French & English subtitles.
4. The Watchtower – QM for English subtitles (from Turkish).
5. Haifa - Cannes Film Festival Official Selection
Multiple documents of legal, business, medical (back translations) and marketing nature.
Perfectly bilingual: English - French
Written and spoken at native levels: Arabic & Armenian
Read and spoken: Turkish & Italian
• European and US film production, co-productions, and business structures
• Media and New Media sectors - French and International
• Marketing, PR, Project Management, Copy and Technical Writing
International work experience in: USA, UK, France, Egypt, and Italy.
Business trips/cultural consultancies in (alphabetic order): Armenia, Australia, Belgium,
Canada, Cyprus, Germany, Greece, Holland, India, Lebanon, Mexico, Norway, Russia, Ukraine and
Major Production Achievements:
SR-Socially Relevant Film Festival New York – Founding Artistic Director since 2013
MOVING STORIES: Short Film. Writer/director/producer. 18’, HD, color, 2012. (Cannes
Film Festival 2012 – released on IndiePix.com)
LAST STATION: Feature Film. Producer/ screenwriter/translator. 93’, 35mm. color, 1995.
(World Premiere: Rotterdam International Film Festival. UK Premiere: Cambridge Film
Festival. USA: AFI Film Festival, Denver, Boston, Washington, D.C. France: Paris. UK: ICA
(London), Inverness, Cardiff, Lancaster.
THE WAY BACK: Feature Film. Screenwriter/ Translator. Awarded a writing grant from the
Hubert Baals Fund - Rotterdam International Film Festival.
ON THE COUCH: Stage Play. Author/ Translator. International tours in English and French,
performed in New York in 2004 & 2005. New York Times rating: 4.70 out of 5.00.
A complete list of documentaries, TV series, stage productions, and publications on request
A CROOKED MAN: Award winning stage play by Richard Kalinoski. Produced stage readings
and workshops in New York and Los Angeles respectively.
Complete list of documentaries, TV series, stage productions and publications on request.
● Freelance Coach and Public Speaking and Presentation skills teacher.
● Nickerson Ecole de Langues (Paris). Business language teacher. Theatre techniques for
presentation skills. Drama and English. TEFL. Clients: EDF/GDF, l'Oréal, Solvay,
Semagroup, National Geographic, Alcira Conseil, CRDT.
● London School of Economics. Media Studies & Identity. Teaching Summer Program.
● CRDT (Institut Dikran Tchouhadjian) - Paris. Visiting Consultant/ Lecturer/ Translator:
Opera, Operetta, Film and Restoration of lost and unknown public domain works.
● Parev Productions (Paris): French Feature Film Production Company. Film promotion,
sales and distribution at major International Film Festivals and Markets. Production
● University of La Verne, AAIC. Lecturer: History of Theatre and Theatre in Istanbul. Drama
and acting workshops. 1993- 1995
● LA Experimental Theatre - Los Angeles. Artistic [Founding] Director of Film & Theatre
● Los Angeles Unified School District, Theatre for schools, theatre companies, universities,
and corporations. 1987-1992
Related professional activities:
Published poet, short story writer, essayist, and translator of literary and dramatic works.
Workshop conductor in public speech and presentation skills
- London School of Economics - University of London (M.Sc.)
- M.Phil/Ph.D.(External degree)-LSE- Media and Cultural Identity. Sociology & Media Studies (in progress)
- M.Sc. Econ. Sociology-LSE. Methodology, Industrial Societies and Race & Ethnic Relations
- RADA – Royal Academy of Dramatic Art – Summer courses in Accent, Diction, and TV presentation/ acting.
- UCLA Extension - University of California Los Angeles (Certificate)
- Public Speech, Promotion, Diction & Communication Skills.
- Ain Shams University – Cairo - Medical School – Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Anatomy.
- The American University in Cairo - AUC - B.A. Sociology. High Honors with Minor in English & Comparative Literature.
- The English School Secondary School Certificate.
- 2013-Present: SR – Socially Relevant Film Festival New York, . CEO and Founding Artistic Director
- 2015 - 2018: Arc/k Project - Cognition LA - Digital Archiving and 3D Imaging/ Photogrammetry/ Director of Communications & Special Projects Manager
- 2004-2013: Pemart Productions, New York - Paris - CEO - Producer
● Business, speech and linguistic consultant. Translation, dubbing & voice-over, subtitling, interpreting. Conducting seminars and workshops on public speech and presentation skills.
● Producer / Event Organizer.
Organizing events and conferences for theatre companies, films, businesses and the nonprofit sector. Clients include: l’Oreal, PSA (Citroen- Peugeot), CRDT –Paris, The Eastern Diocese, AGBU, Ministry of Culture of Armenia, Egyptian TV, The London School of Economics, (full list upon request).
● Business, speech and linguistic consultant. Presentation, translation, dubbing & voiceover, interpreting
Private and corporate consultancy for language and business practices. Translation, presentation, consultancy, creation of documents, press and promotion kits, legal and company files. Clients included: EDF/GDF, L'OREAL, Helena Rubinstein, Solvay, Semagroup (UK- France), Unigrains International, Nickerson Language School, ICA, (London) and Cedar Court Language Centre (Kingston).
● Film Producer. Production consultant. Pare Productions - Paris 1993 - 2010
International project development. Production consultant. Manager. Teacher / coordinator of business seminars & workshops for international corporations (in English and French). Individual coaching for business executives, actors and public speakers. References: Alcira Conseil, Prodis-France, Armenfilm, CRDT, Tbrotsasser, Nickerson Ecole de Langues.
Awards and memberships
• California Motion Picture Council
• Drama-Logue and 'Encore' Drama-Logue Critics' Awards, Los Angeles
• Creation and Interpretation Award - Yerevan, Armenia
• CNC - Accredited producer with French National Film Centre
• Member: Alumni Club - LSE – (London School of Economics).
• Member: International Advisory Board – AFI (American Film Institute) - Los Angeles.
- Member: SAG-AFTRA, Actors' Equity Association, Conges Spectacles, and related professional organizations.
References and complete client list
Available on request.