English to Vietnamese: Contract Amendment General field: Tech/Engineering Detailed field: Construction / Civil Engineering
Source text - English Clause 60.3 (b):
Upon the prior announcement of the TOC issuance by the Engineer according to Clause 48.1 of Conditions of Contract, the Contractor shall provide an unconditional Bank Guarantee (Retention Bond No. 2), in a form and with a bank to be approved by the Engineer and Employer, and in amounts and currencies equal to one half of the Retention Money. Such Bank Guarantee (Retention Bond No. 2) shall become effective on the date indicated by the Engineer and remain effective until the end of the Defects Liability Period.
Clause 60.3 (c):
Upon the expiry of the Defects Liability Period, the Bank Guarantee (Retention Bond No. 2) will be released to the Contractor. Provided that if at such time there shall remain to be executed by the Contractor any work instructed, pursuant to Clauses 49 and 50, in respect of the Works, the Employer shall be entitled to withhold release of such Bank Guarantee (Retention Bond No. 2) or demand payment from the Guarantor of the cost of the work remaining to be executed.
Translation - Vietnamese Điều 60.3 (b):
Vào ngày Kỹ sư Tư vấn có thông báo trước về việc phát hành Chứng chỉ TOC theo Điều 48.1 Các điều kiện Hợp đồng, Nhà thầu phải cung cấp một Bảo lãnh Ngân hàng vô điều kiện (Bảo lãnh Khoản tiền Giữ lại Số 2), theo mẫu và với ngân hàng được Kỹ sư và Chủ đầu tư phê chuẩn, với số tiền và theo loại tiền tệ bằng với một nửa Khoản tiền Giữ lại. Bảo lãnh Ngân hàng đó (Bảo lãnh Khoản tiền Giữ lại Số 2) sẽ có hiệu lực đến cuối Thời hạn Trách nhiệm Sai sót.
Điều 60.3 (c):
Vào ngày kết thúc Thời hạn Trách nhiệm Sai sót, Bảo lãnh Ngân hàng (Bảo lãnh Khoản tiền Giữ lại Số 2) sẽ được giải toả cho Nhà thầu. Với điều kiện là, nếu tại thời điểm này vẫn còn công việc mà Nhà thầu được chỉ thị cần thực hiện cho Công trình, theo các Điều 49 và 50, thì Chủ đầu tư sẽ có quyền giữ lại không giải toả Bảo lãnh Ngân hàng (Bảo lãnh Khoản tiền Giữ lại Số 2) hoặc yêu cầu Ngân hàng Bảo lãnh thanh toán chi phí của các công việc còn lại cần thực hiện đó.
Bachelor's degree - Hanoi University of Technology, Faculty of English for Science and Technology
Years of translation experience: 13. Registered at ProZ.com: Nov 2010.
Full Name: Thi Thu Huong Pham
Year of Birth: 1982
Address: Vung Tau city, Vietnam
Phone: +84 989 259 763
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Skype name: pham.thi.thu.huong82
I. EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
• 2010: B.A. in International Business Administration, Hanoi Foreign Trade University
• 2005: B.A. in English for Science and Technology, Hanoi University of Technology
II. WORKING EXPERIENCES
Since 2005: English-Vietnamese Freelance translator/interpreter working with individual clients as well as collaborating with translation companies. Major scope:
- Marketing/bussiness: Numerous marketing articles for P&G products on its web; marketing materials for new products of Microsoft, new system by Diageo, DFS, etc.; lots of marketing articles for Shopping Handbook Magazine; and various marketing materials for a translation company, a professional networking website, new software versions, new game launchings, UPS products, new car lines, etc.
- IT: NETPRO Monthly magazine (covering the subjects of Technology events/information, analysis articles, international certificates, working in IT environment, IT funny stories); corporate training materials on information security; sales training materials for Solid Works Solution; Huawei annual customer satisfaction surveys; various software enhancements; etc.
- Game & Website localisation: Localisation of some networking websites, numerous games and applications for iOS/Android, such as Bubble Crusher, Archery Blizt, 2048, Frameblast, chess, poker, flashlight, SAM, Solitaire, KakaoTalk, Pixable, Feed2Go; etc.
- Legal: Decisions, Circulars, Decrees; Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policies; Economic contracts; Construction contracts; Dispute resolution documents; etc.
- Construction/civil engineering: Various documents under ODA urban infrastructure development projects funded by JICA, covering the packages of Water Purification Plant, Wastewater Treatment Plant, Road & Drainage Systems, and Main Substation Development. Specific types include: Specifications; Construction agreements; Relevant permits & decisions; Activity reports on Detailed design; Design Modification of Slope Protection for Canal Improvement; Report on Completion of Consultancy Services; Report on Consultant's View on the Incident of Outlet Channel; Auditing report on a specific ODA project; Relevant correspondences and lots of others;
- Education: Formal procedure & papers for admission acceptance into university; Online learning guidance; Online tools for evaluating, improving students’ writing;
- Human Resource management: Questionnaires and reports for personality and cognitive assessment instruments; materials and surveys for understanding employees’ temperaments and corresponding appropriate approaches; motivation & 3 techniques of personal success; surveys for annual certification of compliance with ethics agenda and code of business conduct; etc.
- Health care: Useful tips, instructions with organised steps for a good health care practice;
- Geology and minerals: Decisions, Circulars, Decrees, correspondences, diagrams, feasibility study project, plans;
- General technical: electricity, electronics, mechanical engineering. Shopping Handbook Magazine, covering the columns of heath care, home & garden, food, movies, hitech, funny/emotional stories, etc
May 2011 – Mar 2012: Strategic Marine (V), an Australian ship building company
Position: Admin manager cum Personal Assistant to General Manager
Major duty: managing and ensuring the smooth performance of Administration department and assisting the GM in his daily works, where communication in English and translation cum consecutive interpretation were required on daily basis. Translation and consecutive interpretation were done on various materials and topics, ranging from marketing/business, administration management, financial, technical to legal fields.
May – Aug 2010: Feng Tay Group, a Taiwanese group majored in sport-shoes production
Position: Secretary of Board of Directors (BOD Secretary)
Major duty: ensuring the compliance of the overall performance of the 02 factories under the group in Vung Tau city with Vietnamese laws, shareholders’ agreement/interest, and company regulation. Daily communication in English, translation and consecutive interpretation were done daily on such subjects as production, people management and legal compliance.
Feb 2006 – Apr 2010: Nippon Koei, a Japanese construction consulting company
Position: Secretary cum Interpreter
Major duty: assisting the Team Leader and other Japanese experts in the implementation of ODA construction projects in Hanoi and HCMC. Particularly:
- Interpreting (both consecutive and simultaneous) in every required meetings for the packages under the Projects. Subjects ranging from construction methods, outstanding issues, cost estimates, payments, to disputes and legal matters.
- Translating various documents and correspondences under the projects;
- Liaising with relevant parties and competent authorities for settlement of arising matters;
- Arranging necessary meetings with relevant parties, preparing necessary documents for the meetings, and making minutes of meetings;
- Preparing correspondences to the relevant parties when required;
- Maintaining and controlling important documents under the Projects.
May 2005 – February 2006: AdPoS, a German company specializing in producing and trading UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply).
Position: Assistant to the Chief Representative
Major duty: supporting the Chief Representative for smooth performance of the Representative Office, particularly:
- Translating technical documents (specification, catalogue, contract, etc.) as well as the requirements of concerning sides for mutual understanding;
- Exchanging correspondences and liaising with customers;
- Interpreting in the meetings with customers when needed;
- Contacting potential customers for offering; doing accounting, book-keeping and other office works when necessary.
April 1 – May 15, 2005: WVB (World Vest Base), a Chicago based company for development of comprehensive financial database on non-US Companies.
Position: Financial analyst
Major duty: collecting, assessing and filing financial reports as well as stock market information of companies worldwide so that such information will be further processed by others to make the final reports demanded by the clients.
Jul. – Nov. 2004: Probation at International Cooperation Department (Ministry of Industry)
- Translating documents regarding international cooperation and geology fields (such as correspondences, newsletters, laws on mining, etc.)
- Preparing correspondences to foreign organizations/agencies
- Collecting and editing the information relating to Vietnamese corporations under the Ministry for publishing the book “Introducing Industrial Products from Vietnam”.
III. PERSONAL VALUES AND ABILITIES
Honesty, enthusiasm, high sense of responsibility, and reliability;
Good communication, organization, interpersonal & presentation skills;
Ability to work under pressure, individually or in team;
High proficiency in English and Vietnamese;
Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat, Trados 7 Freelance.