2 projects entered 1 positive feedback from outsourcers
Editing/proofreading Volume: 35000 words Completed: Sep 2012 Languages: English Italian to English
"Academic volume on interpreting research"
Incredibly fascinating project for me given my background and interest in research. Required strong and in-depth knowledge of the discipline and its evolution, command of meta-language and familiarity with domain-specific concepts, methodologies and theories.
Linguistics, Social Science, Sociology, Ethics, etc.
Translation Volume: 10900 words Completed: Mar 2012 Languages: Spanish to Italian Spanish to French Spanish to English
"Website and menu translation of Michelin Star restaurant"
A challenging and fascinating assignment requiring in-depth knowledge of the food and wine industry, IT and localisation skills to translate the website, creativity to translate the menu, marketing skills to make an impression on potential clients.
Tourism & Travel, Cooking / Culinary
positive KKTX staff: Brilliant!
Payment methods accepted
Wire transfer, Check
PhD - University of Manchester
Years of translation experience: 10. Registered at ProZ.com: Dec 2006.
English to Italian (University of Manchester) Italian to English (University of Manchester) English to Italian (NWTN) Italian to English (NWTN) English to Italian (Università di Bologna, Scuola Superiore di Lingue Moderne per Interpreti e Traduttori )
Italian to English (Università di Bologna, Scuola Superiore di Lingue Moderne per Interpreti e Traduttori ) French to Italian (Università di Bologna, Scuola Superiore di Lingue Moderne per Interpreti e Traduttori ) Italian to French (Università di Bologna, Scuola Superiore di Lingue Moderne per Interpreti e Traduttori ) English to Italian (University of Leeds) English to Italian (Libera Università degli Studi San Pio V - Facoltà di Interpretariato e Traduzione) Italian to English (Libera Università degli Studi San Pio V - Facoltà di Interpretariato e Traduzione)
NWTN (North West Translators Network), IATIS
Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Xaira 1.24, Wordsmith, Other CAT tool, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, Wordfast
Fully qualified professional, trainer and researcher in the field of conference/dialogue interpreting and translation based in Manchester, UK.
- PhD in Interpreting Studies - University of Manchester
- MA in Conference Interpreting - University of Bologna, SSLMIT
- BA in Liaison Interpreting and Translation - University of Bologna, SSLMIT
Italian (mother tongue), English and French.
*Conference intepreter trainer @University of Leeds (MA in Conference Interpreting)
*Lecturer in dialogue interpreting @LUSPIO University, Rome (MA in Interpreting and Translation).
*Committee member and Events organiser @NWTN (North West Translators Network)
*Practising conference and liaison interpreter since 2008 - various domains:
- Fundraising, marketing, economics
- Tourism, environment, sustainable development
- Food and wine sector
- Migration, EU law
- Media, IT, websites
- Employment, disability
- Linguistics, education and pedagogy
- History, philosophy, literature
- International politics and cooperation
- Fashion, textiles, clothing
- Cinema festivals
- PSI (healthcare, pedagogical, social services)
*Practising translator since 2007 - various domains:
- Philosophy, literature (academic papers and book chapters)
- Technical manuals (machinery, help files, etc)
- Medicine (brochures, medical reports, academic papers)
- Food and wine sector (menus, websites)
- Tourism and travel (brochures, travel guides, websites localisation)
- Migration, EU law, politics (official documentation and conference proceedings)
- Fashion, textile, clothing (adverts and brochures for international companies)
- Legal (inheritance, estate, minor law, divorce, birth certificates, administrative material)
- Website and localisation
- Marketing (research questionnaires, surveys, ads)
This user has reported completing projects in the following job categories, language pairs, and fields.