English to Italian (University of Florence) Russian to Italian (Scuola Superiore di Lingue Moderne per Interpreti e Traduttori) Spanish to Italian (University of Florence) English to Italian (Scuola Superiore di Lingue Moderne per Interpreti e Traduttori) Italian to English (Scuola Superiore di Lingue Moderne per Interpreti e Traduttori)
Spanish to Italian (I.T.S. Escuela para Intérpretes y Traductores, Sa) Russian to Italian (University of Florence) Italian to English (University of Leeds) Italian to Spanish (I.T.S Escuela para Intérpretes y Traductores, Sal)
Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS
A dedicated interpreter and translator with a record of delivering a professional service. Qualified with a first-class Master's degree in Conference Interpreting from the prestigious Advanced School for Interpreters and Translators of Trieste. Transcreation experience and good knowledge of translation memory and terminology management tools.
- Researching technical terms in specialist dictionaries and other on-line resources;
- Faithfully rendering the original meaning in another language;
- Liaising with clients to discuss terms and unclear parts.
Type of texts:
• Tourism: brochures, leaflets, promotional material, websites, information sheets
• Art/architecture: paper to be published in the proceedings of the 1st International Medieval Meeting Lleida 2011
• Geology and Environment: 40,000-word geological dossier, descriptions
• Interior design: furniture descriptions, room layout descriptions
• Legal: contracts, powers of attorney
• Business: estimates, logistics companies’ websites
- Simultaneous, consecutive and liaison interpreting in Italy, Spain and U.K. for different kinds of events;
- Ensured the successful communication between Italian and foreign interlocutors;
- Contributed to the organization of the visit in a professional and competent manner and assisted all the stakeholders during institutional lunches, dinner and company visits;
- Professionally coordinated a five-translator team, organizing the work load to be distributed, deadlines for the submission of glossaries, travel arrangements etc;
- Expanded my database of glossaries on various topics;
- Developed great team skills during the preparation to BtoB meetings (exchange of glossaries between colleagues, travel arrangements, work load distribution etc);
Type of events:
• B2B meetings organized by various Italian Chambers of Commerce (Home&Office Russia 2009, Wine&Food Russia 2010, North America agro-food workshop, Yacht in Med etc.)
• Press conferences (International Arts Festival of Castilla y Leon)
• Other initiatives (visit of European Geoparks Network evaluators to the Park of the Apuan Alps etc., consultation visit at Zhai clinic in London etc.)
Sept. 2011 – Dec. 2011: Trainee at the Press and Culture Office of the Consulate General of Italy in Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation
- Russian to Italian translation and transcreation of press releases (mainly about politics, culture and society) and newsletters;
- Russian to Italian translation of contracts and other business texts;
- Liaison with press offices and agencies
March 2011: First-class two-year Master Degree in Conference Interpreting (109/110)
Scuola di Lingue Moderne per Interpreti e Traduttori (SSLMIT), Trieste, Italy
December 2006: First-class degree in Modern Languages (110/110 lode)
Università degli Studi di Firenze (Florence), Italy.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
January 2012: Course in Eng > Ita Financial Translation (open-ended mutual funds and investment funds)
STL - Studio di Traduzioni Legali, Pisa
July 2011: Intensive summer course in Eng > Ita Audiovisual Translation (40 hours +)
Imperial College, London, United Kingdom.
July 2011: Webinars on Eng > Ita Medical Translation (5 hours)
European School of Translation.
May 2011: Intensive course in Spa <> Ita simultaneous Interpreting (80 hours).
Escuela para Intérpretes y Traductores (I.T.S.), Salamanca, Spain.
Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access), Trados 2009.
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.