Here are some things you can do to make the most of your Plus subscription:
- Videos / training. Check out the Plus subscriber video library, at videos.proz.com. Thousands of translation-industry videos that are available elsewhere only for a fee are available to you at no extra charge as part of your Plus subscription.
- CAT tool. Download and install CafeTran Espresso. CafeTran is a unique, full-featured CAT tool (value: 80 euros) that, as a Plus subscriber, you now own. If you already have one or more CAT tools, you may want to download and install CafeTran as a backup or supplement, since it is compatible with all major CAT tools. If you don't yet own a CAT tool, CafeTran will do everything you need. (Your ProZ.com login will activate the license.)
- Project management desktop tool. Download and install BaccS. BaccS is a desktop project management tool for freelance translators (value: $120). Once you download and open the program, go to Application Settings --> ProZ.com Settings and you can connect your ProZ.com account to verify your Plus subscription. Upon doing this you will receive full, unlimited access to the program. ProZ.com services are being integrated into BaccS to allow you more convenient access to things like potential client feedback on the Blue Board, the "What I am working on" feature, and more. Learn more and download your copy of BaccS »
- "Call me" button. Plus subscribers have the option of making themselves available to colleagues and potential clients by phone, text message or others methods. Potential clients anywhere in the world will be able to call you on your cell phone, during hours you set, with the phone bill being paid by ProZ.com as part of your Plus subscription. To take advantage of this, you need to set your preferences for real-time communications. If you are an interpreter, you are able to indicate whether you are available for online interpreting.
- TM-Town. Create a TM-Town account and activate your membership there. TM-Town is a next-generation platform that matches translators and clients by comparing the terminology in documents to be translated with that of work previously done by the translators in the system. This platform is useful to those whose body of prior work includes files that are public and not subject to NDA restrictions. TM-Town also provides tools for your linguistic assets including segmentation, alignment, term extraction and more. Login at TM-Town using your ProZ.com username and password to activate your membership.
- Interpreting opportunities. As part of the Plus package, the ProZ.com team is focusing on creating more opportunities for interpreters to obtain work and meet clients. If you are an interpreter interested in these programs, please send a message to ProZ.com VP of external opportunities, Mike-at-ProZ.com.
- ProZ Talks. Propose a speaker for the first or a future ProZ Talk.
- SecurePRO™ program. Visit your profile updater and describe your data security procedures for the purposes of the ProZ.com SecurePRO™ program.
- Personal profile review. Attend a live small-group session with a ProZ.com staff member. If you have not been contacted for a personalized profile/possibilities review, you will be. Consider taking staff up on the offer -- a good review of your online presence by a third party could help make a difference in how you are presenting yourself to clients and collaborators.
- Enhanced profile visitor analytics. As a Plus subscriber, you have access to an enhanced set of tools to help you analyze traffic to your profile and make adjustments to increase the chances of clients finding you online. Check out your dashboard here »
- Blue Board category ratings. Start using the new Blue Board category ratings for outsourcers with whom you have worked.
- Translation Mastermind. "Translation Mastermind" is an intimate and inspirational community of freelance translators and interpreters intent on finding and working with direct clients. Membership to that group (a 39 euro value) is included in your Plus subscription. For access, please submit a support request.
- API. Do you have a favorite website, app, or translation tool that you would like to see include ProZ.com services such as directory or KudoZ search, "What I am working on", and so on? Developers can now integrate such ProZ.com services. Direct them to http://www.proz.com/api where they can see information about how to do this.
- Social features. It is now possible to "follow" colleagues and companies that you are interested in. Colleagues you follow will appear in the "Following" tab under the real-time activity feed in your member dashboard.
- ProZ.com Mobile. Connect to ProZ.com services using the ProZ.com Mobile app. You can also configure alerts for when you receive a high-priority message (see Real-time communications preferences to make sure you are set up: http://www.proz.com/rtc).
- IATE terminology packages. Plus subscribers have free access to all IATE terminology packages on the TM-Town Terminology Marketplace. Browse the packages available and download those you need here. Learn more »
- CJK Dictionary Institute terminology packages. If you work in one of the languages pairs available, download your free terminology package from the CJK Dictionary Institute. You can see them here »
- Plus subscriber forum. Plus subscribers have access to the Plus subscriber forum, where benefits and aspects of the Plus package may be discussed in detail. View the forum »
- TransPDF credits. Plus subscribers get 10 free credits per month as part of their Plus subscription. Learn more »
- More info. For a detailed explanation of the initial set of Plus features, go to the Plus package rollout page. As additional services are added, they will be listed there.
Have questions? Need help with your Plus subscription? You can contact the support team via the support center, or call one of the ProZ.com offices to talk to staff.