Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to Ukrainian (Poltava National Pedagogical University named afte, verified) Ukrainian to English (Poltava National Pedagogical University named afte, verified) English to Russian (Poltava National Pedagogical University named afte)
Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, memoQ, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, Wordfast
I have 8 years of experience of translation from English into Russian and from English into Ukrainian.
I have two linguistic degrees (including MA in English), as well as a 4-years' experience of teaching translation (theory and practice) in a higher education institution. One-year's experience of working as an in-house translator and advertising manager in a medical firm. From 2008 I work as a full-time freelance translator.
My areas of expertise: medicine, marketing, finance, legal, tourism, politics, economics, education, IT, website localisation, art, music.
I always do a lot of research about the subject matter in order to find the best translation of the terms or phrases used. I am passionate about languages, and I am dedicated to the projects I am working on.
I consider myself as a truly bilingual person - I am equally fluent in Russian and Ukrainian. Currently I live in the UK, which gives me a chance to continually develop my knowledge of English.
Additional education: MA in Peace and Conflict Studies (The University of Manchester).
Translation experience includes:
- translation of business documentation (contracts, invoices, orders, etc.);
- translation of news (finance, foreign policy, economics, business) for a business intelligence agency;
- translation of official documentation for the HM Revenue & Customs and other UK agencies;
- translation of subtitles for documentaries (BBC1, BBC3, Vice);
- translation of medical texts (dentistry, oncology, medical equipment, training and educational programs, medical research);
Interpretation experience includes:
- interpreting for the OSCE international election observers;
- consecutive interpreting of lectures (International Marketing and Management);
- consecutive interpreting for speakers of international conferences;