SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Successful ten year Translation experience.
• Proven reliable and able to work to deadlines.
• Provided translation services for well known organizations and companies.
• Excellent communicator with high organizational and translation skills.
• Native Arabic language speaker, highly proficient in the English language.
• Professional attitude to service.
• Capable of working under pressure.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: Below are some of the significant projects I have worked on: Translation-Proofreading-Teaching-Transcription
• RISSC - The Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre
I have been working at the centre for almost 4 years and have undertaken major projects in translation, proofreading, editing and research.
• WHO - World Health Organization
, completed various projects such as the following "A Better Physical Environment for Schools" and "World Strategies of Vector Control".
• Organization for Economics Cooperation and Development (OECD)
, translated the OECD - MENA Ministerial Declaration : "Attracting Investment to MENA Countries Common Principles and Good Practices"
• Princess Sumaya University for Technology (PSUT)
in the following subject: Connect Jordan - General framework for the internal system of the association.
• Standard and Metrology Institution- the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
a document concerning Technical Regulations in Water and Industrial reclaimed wastewater.
• The Convera online project
: 4000 technical terms in the field of library headers.
• News article for the Iraqi League (an Iraqi charity)
and a Letter from the Secretary of State.
• Pro-teck-t : An employee manual for Proteckt
a company that specializes in providing cleaning services in Dubai.
• Arab translators Agency
: CV's and articles concerning E-learning.
• Freelancer translator for Shakti Entrprise a Multilingual Translation Agency
in the fields of Pharmaceuticals, Food products, Telecommunications, and Home appliances.
• Translation of a website for Mourelatos Group
a famous Canadian supermarket chain.
• UAE's major cell phone network service provider promotion guide "a national telecommunication provider".
• Business cards for a multilingual translation agency.
• Medical reports, concerning correct methods of breathing "Pain Management Unit".
• News articles for Lengua Translations
• Operator's manual for a new product t by a large German defense technology company, concerning laser technology and optics.
• Translation for the Universal Postal Union (Postal Operation Council – Great Britain's Complaint and Appeal to the UPU).
• Translation of a tender concerning ambulances.
• A study concerning education and pedagogy:
1) Theory AND Methods of Reliability and validity of the short form of the child health questionnaire for parents (CHQ-PF28).
2) Measurement of teachers beliefs in their control over student's outcome.
• Instruction Manuel - Procedures of wearing a safety helmet for TextWise
• Article concerning Journalism and Media sustainability in Jordan.
• High school Certificates, in addition to certificates of Good conduct.
• A group of letters for a Computer Science Corporation providing TC-AIMS II Fielding and Training support to U.S Army and Joint Forces at Kuwait Naval Base.
• Translation of document with medical content concerning "Breast Cancer".
• Translation of one chapter of an Islamic Book, concerning a certain school of thought.
• Research papers for a PHD thesis. In addition to offering assistance throughout the thesis Preparation period.
Subject: Differential Reinforcement and Child Non-compliance Behavior.
• Translation of a website for teaching English as a second language (TESL).
• Translation of a booklet for a child service center.
• Translation of a media releases concerning Job Expo and environmental issues.
• Translation of several documents having to do with promoting business in New South Wales.
• Instructions for Participating in The Salesperson’s Discretionary Award Panel, in addition to the data of each nominee.
• Translation of a chapter of a book about the history of "Kuwait Oil Company".
• Transcription and translation of video tapes.
• Proofreading of an MA thesis, medical filed, in the subject of: Cerebral Palsy.
• Creative and linguistic proofreading of an ad campaign for an Investment bank.
• Worked in a primary school as an English teacher, in addition to providing private tuition in TEFL (teaching English as a foreign language), activities of which enriched my experience in the field of Human Linguistic Interaction.
• Translation Office Trainee: 1 Month course at a renowned translation office, specialized in: legal cases, contracts, power of attorney, certificates, declarations, delivery orders and checks.
Education: Master's in Islamic Studies: Jordan Univerity B.A in English Language and Translation. GPA (very good 3.4 out of 4)University of Petra: University of Petra Islamic Educational College
General secondary school certificate, literary stream. Average 83,2 %
Amman Business Institute:
• Internet and Html certificate:
• Information Technology which includes the following components:
Spreadsheets using MS-EXCEL.
the World Association of Arab Translators and Linguists:
A three month translation course from the the World Association of Arab Translators and Linguists (WATA).
Course description: Development of problem-oriented introduction to the rules and principles observed in translation from Arabic into English and sentence-based training in written languages.
Memberships of professional associations:
• Proz.com Member.
• Certified Member in ATN APTS (Arab Translators Network - Arab Professional Translators Society).
The world is an open book! However, amongst its pages is an eye-catching mixture of different cultures & languages. Our job, as translators, is to help people broaden their horizons through helping them read this book more easily! As an individual, I am doing my best to become an excellent translator. I am passionate about my work and try to make sure it's as impressive and accurate as possible. In short, I see myself as a perfectionist and believe that where there's a will there's always a way.
P.O.BOX 250 AMMAN 11118
E-mail: [email protected]