Certified Spanish-English translator with 16 years of engineering experience
Bicultural translator of patents and engineering documents. Subject-matter expert in materials science and engineering. Extensive experience writing technical proposals and specialized reports.AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
• Materials (polymers, composites, etc.)
• Analytical instrumentation (X-ray, microscopy, calorimetry, etc.)
• Patents and patent-related documents
• Scientific journal articles
• Bid and tender documents (RFPs, proposals, etc.)SERVICES
• Terminology consulting
• Document review
• Technical writingKEY ACHIEVEMENTS
• Wrote successful funding proposals for science and engineering projects totaling $3.3 million in revenue.
• Authored 19 peer-reviewed articles and delivered invited presentations at 7 international conferences.
• Traveled independently to 80 countries in 5 continents, including 15 Spanish-speaking countries. BACKGROUND
• Translated documents such as patents, patent-related documents, solicitations (RFPs), proposals, engineering reports, scientific articles, manuals, specifications, equipment brochures, quotations and technical correspondence.
• Researched and developed new materials for the automotive, aerospace and defense industries for a combined total of 16 years.
• Earned a PhD from The University of Michigan, an SB from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and a Certificate in Translation (Spanish into English) from New York University.
• Lived and studied in Spanish-speaking Puerto Rico, USA for 17 years.
• Certified by the American Translators Association (Spanish into English, no. 500178) and SDL (Trados Studio 2017 advanced user).
RECOMMENDATIONS (External link)
PORTFOLIO (External link)
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS (External link)