Qualified to degree level in Molecular Genetics and Immunology at King’s College London University, I have over 7 years of direct work experience in the French and UK medical field. Three of those seven years of experience were spent as a translator and project manager within the International Division of the French leading specialized pathology laboratory, Biomnis.
I have a vast knowledge of the French language and culture, specializing in translations and terminology within the fields of biology, pathology, clinical research and chemistry as well as marketing.
I am able to manage projects in accordance to the deadlines set to the highest level of accuracy and quality to ensure the success of your projects.
• March 2010 - Present: Director of Alphabet Road
, a translation and English lesson company. Specialising in medical translations from French to English and English lessons for all levels and ages.AlphabetRoad
• September 2010 - July 2012: English teacher at the International Elementary school Conseil des XV
based in Strasbourg. Teaching: English as a foreign language, English language, phonics and understanding to both non-English and English speaking children.
• September 2006-January 2010: Translator and Project Manager
. Biomnis, specialised medical pathology laboratory, Lyon, France:
Responsible for the technical project management for a portfolio of clients based in the Middle East and UK, as well providing Biomnis with its only internal translation service. Working independently, I provided the following translation services:
• Scientific publications such as:
-International Archives of Allergy and Immunology Vol 149 2009
Peanut Allergy Diagnosis in the Context of Grass Pollen Sensitization for 125 Patients: Roles of Peanut and Cross-Reactive Carbohydrate Determinants Specific IgE
Analytical evaluation of the PapilloCheck test, a new commercial DNA chip for detection and genotyping of human papillomavirus.
• The Biomnis test guide
• Research protocols
• Patient result translations (Including genetic results, histocompatibility results, histology results, renal stone analysis results etc)
• Scientific marketing campaigns (Including presentations and marketing material for Arab Health 2008, 2009 and 2010 as well as Medica 2008).
• Internal and external quality control documents for the standards ISO 15189 and 17025
• Business proposals and tenders
• The Biomnis website (www.biomnis.com)
• Scientific newsletters
• Scientific medical training documents (CPD)
• Medical questionnaires
• Medical information and consent forms
• Pathologist C.V translations
• Proof reading
• Dec 2004 – Sept 2006: Marketing and sales representative
for Esporta health club and Head House keeper for the Viking Hotel, Morzine France: Including setting up and managing teams, schedules, deliveries and change-overs for a 71 bed room hotel.
• Sept 2003- Oct 2004: Technical Services Coordinator
, Pathlab NW8, St John’s & St Elizabeth’s Hospital, London, UK:
Graduate administration position within a private on-site pathology laboratory for a highly prestigious hospital. Promoted to Technical Services Coordinator managing a small team to meet the high standards and expectation of a demanding role to pass CPA accreditation.