Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
German to English: Hämoperfusion bei Flecainidintoxikation General field: Medical Detailed field: Medical: Pharmaceuticals
Source text - German Die klinischen Daten des Patienten ließen auf eine Flecainidintoxikation schließen was den Einsatz der Hämoperfusion rechtfertige. Die später bestimmte Flecainid-Konzentration im Serum von 1460ng/ml liegt deutlich über der für einen therapeutischen Effekt angestrebten Konzentration von 300-1000ng/ml. Die Tatsache, dass eine Gabe von zweimal 100mg Flecainid/24 Stunden zu einer kumulativ hohen Serumkonzentration geführt hat, kann als Hinweis darauf gelten, dass sich die Nierenfunktion des Patienten bereits vor Auftreten der Asystolie verschlechtert haben musste.
Zur Erklärung der beobachteten Befunde muss man von einem Mehrkompartmentmodell ausgehen und annehmen, dass während der Therapie ebensoviel Flecainid aus der Zirkulation entfernt wird, wie aus anderen Kompartments nachströmt und dass pharmakologisch wirksame Flecainid-Metaboliten ebenfalls nicht durch die Hämoperfusion relevant zu eliminieren sind.
Translation - English The clinical data of the patient were indicative of Flecainide intoxication, justifying the use of hemoperfusion. The concentration of Flecainide of 1460 ng/ml later measured in the serum lay significantly above the concentration of 300-1000 mg/ml which indicates a therapeutic effect. The fact that two doses of 100mg Flecainide in 24 hours led to a cumulatively high serum concentration can be seen as an indicator that the kidney function of the patient must have deteriorated before the appearance of asystole.
In order to explain the observed findings, a multi-compartment model must be used and it must be presumed that during therapy the same quantity of Flecainide is removed from circulation as is produced from other compartments and that elimination of pharmacologically effective Flecainide metabolites through hemoperfusion is therefore not a relevant option.
Master's degree - Lancaster University
Years of experience: 12. Registered at ProZ.com: Jul 2011.
High quality medical and technical translations at competitive prices.Why me?
- Specialist in medical and technical fields;
- Experience in translation of a wide range of texts including: journal articles; theses; case reports; medical records; research reports; manuals; etc.
- Rates include accurate reproduction of whole document including graphs, charts, figures, etc, from any format (Word, PDF, scanned image, etc.);
- Favourable rates from £0.04/word;
- Native of British English.
- First Class Bachelor of Arts degree in Modern Languages from Lancaster University, United Kingdom.
- Master's Degree with distinction in Languages and Cultures from Lancaster University, United Kingdom.
4 years professional experience comprising translation of a range of document types including: journal articles, theses, case studies, research texts, medical records, manuals, and others. Provision of translation services for a range of academic and for-profit organisations and affiliated individuals including:
- Public scientific research projects
- Academic institutions and universities
- Engineering/technology corporations
- Research students
- Hospitals and Doctors
Specialist fields of documents previously translated include:
- Biogas and new fuels;
- Industrial computer systems;
- Industrial and technical flowcharts;
- Energy production;
- Description of complex indsutrial processes;
- Technical and chemical processes and energy conversion;
- Reporting of outcomes of statistical tests and other applied mathematics;
- Intoxication and poisoning;
- Drugs, dosages, and pharmaceuticals;
- Renal, hepatic and cardiac anatomy and disease;
- Reporting of laboratory tests and blood counts;
- Wound care;
- Tissue viability;
- Hip anatomy;
- Surgery and surgical procedures;
- Surgical technology including computer-assisted navigation;
- Reporting of medical trials and outcomes.
Rates, Contact and Payment
Rates: by suggestion from £0.04/word
Secure payment in any currency via PayPal
Please contact me with any document stating your requirements and I will gladly seek to accommodate them, including providing a short sample translation from your text to reassure you of the quality of the work to be provided.
Keywords: French, German, Spanish, Swedish, English, Translation, Translator, Affordable, Professional, Medical, Health care, Sport, Scientific, Tourist, Tourism
This profile has received 7 visits in the last month, from a total of 4 visitors