Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to Nepali: What Do You Need To Know About Breast Cancer?
Source text - English
- Asian American and Pacific Islander (API) women living in the U.S. are getting breast cancer in greater numbers
- API immigrants who have lived in the U.S. for 10 yrs or longer are 80% more likely to develop breast cancer than more recent immigrants
- Incidence increases with age
- All women are at risk
- Arizona Cancer Center for Breast Cancer Clinical Trial- is a National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center at the University of Arizona Health Sciences Center in Tucson. http://bc.telemedicine.arizona.edu/Default.htm Arizona Clinical Trials- is a website dedicated to listing clinical research studies in human subjects. Arizona Clinical research trials and Arizona health trials occur in hundreds of Arizona localities. A clinical trial or clinical study is a research project with human volunteer subjects. Clinical drug trials and pharmaceutical clinical trials usually evaluate the effectiveness of new drugs. Arizona Clinical Trials and other clinical trials allow for volunteers to get healthcare treatment choices before they are available to the general public. Trials are federally regulated with stern guidelines to protect clinical trials subjects. http://www.clinicaltrialssearch.org/arizona_clinical_trials.html Breast Cancer Clinical Trials Database at Mayo Clinic- includes only trials about which Mayo researchers choose to publish information. Mayo Clinic may be conducting other trials which are not in this database. Mayo's clinical trials include experimental treatments, often unavailable elsewhere, which frequently lead to improved patient care for people worldwide.http://www.mayoclinic.org/breast-cancer/clintrials.html
Translation - Nepali
- अमेरिकामा बस्ने एशियन अमेरिकन र प्रशांत क्षेत्रीय (API) महिलाहरुमा स्तन क्यान्सर बध्दो सन्ख्यामा छ
- API आगंतुक जो अमेरिकामा १० बर्ष वा बढी समय देखी बसोवास गरिरहेका छन, तिनिहरुमा स्तन क्यान्सर हुने सम्भावना भर्खरै आएका अगन्तुक को दांजोमा ८०% बढी हुन्छ
- यि कुराहरु उमेर संगै बध्दै जान्छ
- सबै महिलाहरु खतरामा छन्
- एरिजोना क्यान्सर केन्द्र,स्तन क्यान्सरको उपचारिक अठोटको लागि – एरिजोना विश्वबिध्यालय, टुसान मा अबस्थित यो एउटा राष्ट्रिय क्यान्सर संस्था हो http://bc.telemedicine.arizona.edu/Default.htm एरिजोना उपचारिक अठोटहरू यो मानबको बारेमा उपचारिक अध्ययन गरिने खोजहरुको सुची राख्ने ईन्टरनेट को ठेगाना हो। यो एरिजोन को सयौ ठाउँमा अबस्थित छ। यो मानबको स्वेछिक अध्ययनको खोजी गर्ने परियोजना हो। उपचरिक औशधालयले प्राय जसो नयाँ औषधी को प्रभाब को जाँच गर्छ। एरिजोना उपाचरिक प्रयोगात्मक सस्थाहरु र अरु उपचरिक सस्थाहरुले स्वयम् सेवीहरुलाई सुधार्न मानिसहरुमा उपलब्ध हुनु भन्दा पाहिला स्वास्थ्य उपचारको उपायहरु दिन्छ। यस्ता प्रयोगात्मक सस्थाहरु केन्द्र सरकारद्वारा निर्देशित् हुन्छन जस्मा उपचारीक् प्रयौगिक हरु को समरक्षण् को लागी कडा नियमावली हुन्छ।
http://www.clinicaltrialssearch.org/arizona_clinical_trials.html मायो क्लिनिक मा स्तन क्यान्सर को उपचारिक सस्थाहरुको तथ्यान्कहरु- यसमा केवल मायो को खोजकर्ता हरु ले रोजेको जानकारी मात्र प्रकाशित हुन्छ। मायो क्लिनिक ले अरु प्रयौगिकहरु गर्न सकिन्छ जुनकी यो तथ्यान्कमा हुँदैनन्। यस्तो प्रयेत्न मा प्रयौगिक उपचार, कहिले काही कतै उपलब्ध नहुने तर बारम्बार संसार भरिका रोगीहरुको स्वास्थ्य मा सुधार भएको तरिका पर्छ।
Years of translation experience: 9. Registered at ProZ.com: Jun 2015.
Kamana Khadka is the Founder of Hamro America LLC.
Having traveled and lived in some of the under-developed/developing countries in Asia and Africa, Kamana strongly believes that, as Health Inequality is the reality for under-developed countries, so is Health Disparity, an unsettling reality, for developed countries such as the United States of America. An increased focus on preventive medicine and dynamic new advances in medical technology has successfully increased life expectancy and improved overall health for a large number of Americans. But, the fact remains, not all Americans are benefitting equally. There are continuing disparities in the burden of illness and death experienced by African Americans, Hispanics Americans, Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, and American Indians and Alaska Natives, as compared to U.S. population as a whole.
As a trainer of Cultural Competency in Health Care and Human Services, Ms. Khadka is able to provide practical tools to help foster the needed understanding of not only familiar communities but also minorities and refugees. As a graduate of Development Project Management from Monterey Institute of International Studies, she has acquired skills in project management, strategic planning, program implementation and evaluation, and training of trainers, which complements her Masters in Public Health and Bachelors in International Relations from Grand Canyon University.
Her personal commitment and career goal is to contribute toward improving the quality of life in ethnically diverse communities. She feels very strongly about citizen working together to achieve a happy and healthy life.
Specialties: Public speaking, facilitation, organizational cultural competency & interpretation workshops, language service provider in Nepali<>English interpreting, translation, transcription, editing, proofreading, website localization, and copywriting in legal, medical, professional, and technical fields since 2009, refugee health, grant writing, international development, and project management.
Keywords: Public speaking, facilitation, organizational cultural competency & interpretation workshops, language service provider in Nepali<>English interpreting, translation, transcription, editing, proofreading, website localization, and copywriting in legal, medical, professional, and technical fields since 2009, refugee health, grant writing, international development, and project management.