I am a specialist translator for the language pairs Japanese and English to German, having mainly worked in the field of Japanese pop culture such as videogames, cinema, animation and manga for many years now.
I have a strong academic background and based on that, extensive exposure to the Japanese language and culture while living abroad in Tokyo.
My linguistic qualifications are a Master’s degree in Japanese studies from Frankfurt University and the Japanese language proficiency test certificate which I passed on the highest level N1.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me about your translation needs to receive an individual offer. My other services are editing, proofreading, transcription of audio and video as well as spotting and subtitling.
Types of texts I have experience working on:
- Video game dialogue scripts and manuals
- Japanese manga and graphic novels
- Subtitles for movies, documentaries and TV-Series
- Marketing texts
- Museum catalogs
- Newspaper articles
- Academic papers
- Fictional short stories
- User manuals
Sample portfolio (media I worked on):
- Blue, clean (Manga, Tokyopop)
- Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Video game, Way Forward)
- Crossfire (Online game, SmileGate)
- The Vessel (Movie, Netflix etc.)
- New Initial D: The Movie 1-3 (Anime films, Peppermint Anime)
- Chesapeake Shores (TV series, Netflix etc.)
- Day 5 (TV series, Rooster Teeth)
- Assassin's Creed Documentary "Into the Creed" (Video game doc)
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.