Member since Mar '16
German to SerbianSerbian to GermanCroatian to GermanBosnian to GermanMontenegrin to German Croatian to SerbianBosnian to SerbianMontenegrin to Serbian
| ||October 2017 || |
|29||30||31|| || || || |
| Tatjana Putnik |
26 Years in the Duty of Diplomacy
Local time: 00:15 CEST (GMT+2)
Legal Translation Specialist | Native Bilingual German & Serbian Translator | 27+ Years of Experience | Completely Bilingual Translation & Writing Skills
| Freelancer, Verified member |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. View now. |
|Law (general)||Law: Contract(s)|
|Marketing / Market Research||General / Conversation / Greetings / Letters|
|Government / Politics||International Org/Dev/Coop|
|Also works in:|
|Advertising / Public Relations||Other|
|Certificates, Diplomas, Licenses, CVs||Human Resources|
|Media / Multimedia||Tourism & Travel|
|Social Science, Sociology, Ethics, etc.||Philosophy|
|Psychology||Education / Pedagogy|
|Cooking / Culinary||Cosmetics, Beauty|
| PRO-level points: 12, Questions answered: 4 |
| 3 entries|
Access to Blue Board comments is restricted for non-members. Click the outsourcer name to view the Blue Board record and see options for gaining access to this information.
|Wire transfer, PayPal|
|Other - Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Belgrade|
|Years of translation experience: 27. Registered at ProZ.com: Feb 2016. Became a member: Mar 2016.|
|Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, SDL TRADOS|
|CV available upon request|
| Culture-specific elements in scientific, professional and official translation: tips & tricks [download] |
I am a native bilingual German and Serbian translator specializing in legal translation.
I have 26+ years of experience as a translator/interpreter at the German Embassy in Belgrade, as well as an assistant to the Head of the Department for Consular and Legal Affairs. My German–Serbian translation and writing skills are completely bilingual and excellent – with accurate translation, precision, extensive expertise, well–researched and fluent texts.
My Professional Background and Achievements:
For more than 26 years (1989 – 2015), I was an employee of the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Belgrade – Department for Consular and Legal Affairs. I mainly operated as Assistant to the Head of the Department for Consular and Legal Affairs, chiefly in the position of translator / interpreter / language mediator.
I was responsible for the bilingual communication and correspondence in legal and consular affairs with authorities at all levels and customers in diverse and complex matters, as well as for counselling and advising them concerning their inquiries and requests.
I was chiefly responsible for all translations relevant in legal and consular affairs.
My extensive experience includes translating, interpreting, editing/proofreading and working with / within laws, bilateral and international agreements, personal legal affairs, official statements and releases, such as:
• Criminal law, Criminal procedure code, Mutual assistance in criminal and civil matters, Extradition, Transfer of sentenced persons, Criminal rights, Criminal legal help
• Civil law, Family law, Succession law, Laws on parents and children, Law on personal status, Personal legal affairs
• Laws on nationality and citizenship, Passport law, Law on Residence, Law on asylum, Immigration law
• Visa procedures, Naturalization procedure, Inheritance procedures, Paternity acknowledgement process
• Official letters and documents, verbal notes, civil status documents and other texts in a broad range of fields.
On numerous occasions, I have provided consecutive interpreting during high-level meetings at a variety of Serbian government organizations, such as:
• Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of the Interior
• Ministries and their subordinate authorities, State commissions, State agencies and other national bodies for human and minority rights, refugees, displaced and internal displaced persons, readmission of persons residing without authorization, war reparations, restitution of confiscated property and others
• Civil and criminal judges, Public prosecutors, Police departments, State prisons, Social and civil services, Municipalities, Registry offices, Healthcare providers
• Foundations, Non-governmental organizations, Law offices and many others.
My working methods and working qualities are best described in the Letter of Reference,
issued for me by the German Embassy in Belgrade in August 2015.
Here a small excerpt:
• “In the 26 years that Mrs. Putnik has worked for the German Embassy, she has always performed to the fullest satisfaction of her superiors; her performance and commitment, as well as her competence, frequently went beyond the call of duty. She has an outstanding knowledge of the German and the Serbian language and also very good English skills. Another distinguishing feature of Mrs. Putnik’s work is her tremendous mental grasp. She has managed her work autonomously, very meticulously and consistently reliable. Her achievements have always been outstanding, even when the pressure and her workloads were high.”
For further details, my CV and the Letter of Reference are available upon request.
that has developed me into a highly skilled translator:
Being born by mixed German/Serbian origins and raised and educated the first 20 years of my life in Germany, I used both languages equally as mother tongue. Later, I continued my education, professional and personal life in Serbia.
If you are looking for an experienced translator with exceptional linguistic skills, extensive subject area knowledge, a broad general education, strong terminology research skills, with expertise in legal translation but also very well versed in many other fields, then you have found the right person! Congratulations!
Feel free to contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org, via Skype: tatjana-putnik
I look forward to providing you with excellent service!
~ Tatjana Putnik
Keywords: professional translator, legal translation specialist, native bilingual German & Serbian translator, native German, native Serbian, German to Serbian, Serbian to German, 27+ years of experience, Law (general), Contracts=Law: Contract(s), Marketing, Government / Politics, International Org/Dev/Coop, General / Conversation / Greetings / Letters, Croatian to German, Bosnian to German, Montenegrin to German, Latin and Cyrillic, editing/proofreading, Expertise in Law, Criminal law, Private law, Private international law, Constitutional law, Civil law, Family law, Succession law, Law on asylum, Immigration law, Laws on nationality and citizenship, Passport law, Law on Residence, Laws on parents and children, Law on personal status, Bilateral agreements, International agreements, Readmission, War reparations, Restitution of confiscated property, Human rights, Minority rights, Criminal rights, Criminal procedure code, Extradition, Transfer of sentenced persons, Criminal legal help, Requests for legal assistance, Criminal matters, Civil matters, Legal affairs, Consular affairs, Foreign affairs, Internal affairs, Visa procedures, Naturalization procedure, Inheritance procedures, Paternity process, Bills of Indictment, Judgements, Court judgements, Trial records, Legal acts, Hearings/Transcripts, Witness statements, Legal correspondence, Verbal notes, General Powers of Attorney, Expert opinions, Directives, Wills, Employer’s references, CV’s, Application letters, Government organizations, Ministries, Subordinate authorities, State commissions, State agencies, National bodies, Foundations, NGO’s, legal databases, civil judges, criminal judges, public prosecutors, police departments, state prisons, social services, municipalities, registry offices, law offices, refugees, displaced persons, internal displaced persons, prisoners, asylum seekers, migrants, emigrants, immigrants, experienced translator, excellent translation and writing skills, completely bilingual, exceptional linguistic skills, extensive subject area knowledge, subject-specific research skills, CAT tools, SDL Trados 2017 Freelance Plus
Profile last updated