Language learning has always been present in my life. When I was 12, I started studying English at school, and soon became fascinated by it, especially because I enjoy reading so much--at that age, comic books more than anything else!
Later on I decided to study Architecture, but two years after entering the university, I changed to Translation. Now I am a final-year student and work with translation professionally.
My career in the languages area started as soon as I started studying Translation, first as a bilingual receptionist in 2013. Soon after, I was working as an English teacher while occasionally having transcriptions, translations and interpreting jobs. My interest for languages also led me to an exchange program in Colombia, where I had the privilege to teach English to some excellent primary-school students in Bogota while learning some Spanish.
But my life's passion is, after all, translation, and that is the reason why I am here.
- 5 years' work experience with languages
- B.A. in Translation (concluding in July)
- Languages: Portuguese-BR (mother tongue) <-> English
- CAT tools: OmegaT, Smartcat
- Graphics tools: Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Translation, interpreting (simultaneous, whispered), proofreading/checking, transcription