Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
– 11+ years of translation experience, including subtitling, proofreading and post-editing.
– Output of nearly 600,000 words a year as a self-employed translator.
– Trusted partnership with clients from all over the world.
– Bachelor's degree in Translation and Interpreting.
– Postgraduate degree in Environmental Management, specializing in sustainability, corporate responsibility and green marketing.
– Currently living in Toronto to study Photography, learn the terminology of the field, acquire practical skills and experience the Canadian culture.
– Extensive cultural immersion in more than 25 countries, speaking English, Spanish and German.
– Proficiency in CAT Tools, such as SDL Trados Studio and Wordfast.
– Entrepreneurial spirit, strong research skills and attention to detail.
– Brazilian Portuguese
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Environment and Sustainability
– Human Resources and Business Management
– Information Technology
– Marketing and Advertising
– Tourism and Travel
Professional Translator (2006 – Present)
Over eleven years of experience in translation projects for large companies, such as A10 Networks, Avon, Axialent, CA Technologies, Cisco, Coffey, DHL Express, DuPont, Embratur, Ferrero, Google, Infor, Kraft Foods, Logicalis, Luxottica, McAfee, Microsoft, Orange, P&G, RSA, Samsung, Sitel, Sunglass Hut, Tucows, and Twinings. Texts include training materials, business reports, press releases, corporate magazines, employee handbooks, tourism brochures, travel guides, business proposals, environmental management articles, corporate codes of conduct, and company policies.
– Compiling appropriate terminology and relevant information to ensure the accuracy of the translation.
– Conforming to style and formatting guidelines.
– Adapting the text to different cultures and writing styles.
– Respecting requirements for each task as set by the client and meeting agreed deadlines.
– Searching for the suitable words and expressions to convey the meaning of the original text.
– Ensuring the proper use of CAT tools, glossaries and support software to guarantee the consistency of the translated texts.
Trainee Proofreader – Advertising Agency at UMESP (2006)
Edited and proofread press releases, news clippings, product brochures, and advertisements.
MAJOR TRANSLATION PROJECTS
– Training materials and corporate magazines for multinational enterprises.
– Production notes of famous movies.
– User interface for leading manufacturers of consumer electronics.
– Internal communication documents for companies from different industries.
– User guides and marketing material for major international technology companies.
– Bachelor's degree in translation and interpreting from Universidade Metodista de São Paulo, Brazil (2004-2006).
– Postgraduate degree in environmental management from Anhanguera Educacional, Brazil (2009-2011).
– Diploma in photography from Humber College, Canada (2017-2019).
– Human Resources at Open Training Institute, online course (2016).
– Project Scope Management at FGV, online course (2016).
– Business Ethics at FGV, online course (2016).
– German with emphasis on grammar and vocabulary at Eurocentres, Germany (2008).
– Audiovisual translation techniques: subtitling and dubbing at Century XXI, Brazil (2007).
– English with emphasis on grammar and writing at Australian College of English, Australia (2006).
2017 – Canada
2016 – Belgium and Netherlands
2015 – Portugal and Chile
2014 – Aruba
2013 – London, Austria and Germany
2012 – Argentina
2011 – Argentina and Mexico
2010 – Uruguay
2009 – Germany, Spain, Austria, Belgium, France, Greece, Netherlands, Italy, Luxemburg, Czech Republic and Switzerland
2008 – Germany, Chile and Argentina
2006 – Australia
Skype: ana.falasca E-mail: ana.carolina.falasca at gmail.com
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.