Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
I would like to take this opportunity to become your vendor.
As you can see in my CV I have an 9-year experience as a freelance translator and 11 years of experience in translating IT/computer related materials.
My specialization is following:
• IT/computers, software/hardware
• Automotive (user guides, service manuals, marketing brochures and websites)
• Telecommunication, systems, software, cellular phones/mobile technologies, software
• Marketing – print ads, TV commercials, marketing texts – brochures, web sites/landing pages
• Domestic appliances, consumer electronics, health care devices, photography and photographic equipment, sports and sports equipment
I have participated on many translation jobs, including the following ones:
• MICROSOFT (translation of sites, training materials, campaigns, plus Xbox marketing and technical translations) – approx. 100,000 words – ONGOING PROJECT
• NOKIA (marketing materials, website localization) – approx. 300,000 words – ONGOING PROJECT
• NIKON (digital camera user’s guides, marketing materials (print and web)) – approx. 150,000 words – ONGOING PROJECT
• GENERAL MOTORS (marketing brochures and microsites) – approx. 300,000+ words – ONGOING PROJECT
• NISSAN (marketing materials for websites) – approx. 50 000 words – ONGOING PROJECT
• HARLEY DAVIDSON (marketing materials) – approx. 10 000 words – ISL CERTIFIED TRANSLATOR (attached) – ONGOING PROJECT
• ELECTROLUX (user’s guides, marketing texts) – approx. 50,000 words
• CANON (user guides and marketing materials for printers/copiers/scanners/AIOs, digital cameras, software application localization) – approx. 155,000 words
• EPSON, BROTHER (printer/AIO help, user guides, marketing materials) – approx. 150,000 words
• TOYOTA, KIA, FORD (automotive industry related texts, company magazines) – approx. 65,000 words
• JOHN DEERE, AGCO (tractors + tractor accessories) - approx. 41,000 words
• AGCO (tractor accessories - baler) – approx. 30,000 words
• ALCATEL-LUCENT (voice messaging system - terminology list, voice message translation, linguistic specifications, general translation supplier) – 3-month project, approx. 55,000 words
• SAMSUNG (digital camera user guide) – approx. 35,000 words
• SONY (user guides for digital camcorders, TV sets, photography equipment, software application localization) – approx. 30,000 words
• CRAMER (OSS system localization) – approx. 25,000 words.
• MASCUS (web site localization) – approx. 8,500 words
• TOSHIBA (RAID solutions) - approx. 5,500 words
• RESPIRONICS (health care device user’s guide) – approx. 5,300 words
• Print ads and TV commercials (Colgate, Timotei, Wella, etc.) – ONGOING PROJECT
• Other user guides and marketing materials for consumer electronics – approx. 100,000 words
• User guides for various machines and machining tools, radiation detectors – approx. 130,000+ words
• User guides for heavy machinery – agricultural machines, tractors, etc. – approx. 13,000 words
The wordcounts are only informative – figures keep rising every day. During 9 years of working as freelance translator, I have translated over 4 million words.
I’m working on long-term basis with several world leading translation agencies. However I still have some spare capacities that I’d like to utilize. Also, feel free to ask about large job outsourcing.
• Digital photography professional
• Web development basics (HTML, CSS)
I work with SDL Trados Studio 2009 (i.e. Trados Workbench 2007, Trados TagEditor 2007 and SDLX, MultiTerm 2009, and Passolo 2009) and Wordfast Pro.
Other software equipment:
OS: Windows 7
Office app: MS Office 2007
Translation = 2,000 words (no match) + 2,000 (fuzzy match) per day –OR– up to 5,000 words (fuzzy matches) per day
Proofreading = 1,000 to 1,500 words per hour, up to 10,000 words/day
Transcription = up to 2 hours of recorded material
The exact wordcounts depend strongly on the subject matter and the quality of the source text/recording.
Communication and infrastructure:
Broadband internet connection at 20 Mbps
Cellular broadband backup connection
On-site and mobile private cloud backup
Hardware data encryption
LinkedIn: Vladimir Vanek
Rates – translation:
Basic Rate (translation) = $0.07/€0.050 per word
Basic Rate (translation+profreading) = $0.10/€0.07 per word
0% matches = 100% of the basic rate
Fuzzy matches = 50% of the basic rate
Repetitions = 25% of the basic rate
Hourly rate (editing/QA) = $25.00/€20.00 per hour
Hourly rate (proofreading) = $20.00/€15.00 per hour
Hourly rate (transcription) = $80.00 per hour of recorded materials*
*Rate may be negotiated depending on the quality of the source recording
I accept payments via PayPal or wire transfer.
Need more information? Feel free to ask! I’m looking forward to hearing from you.
Attachments: University Diploma, CV, ISL Certificates, Client References
e-mail [email protected]
Please consider the environment before printing this email.