Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Translation Volume: 5000 words Completed: Sep 2006 Languages: Polish to English
Translation of transcripts from European Parliament sessions
Government / Politics
Sample translations submitted: 1
Polish to English: Interview Detailed field: Business/Commerce (general)
Source text - Polish Henrik Jelert, prezes Skandynawsko-Polskiej Izby Gospodarczej i Sylwia Zdrożna, Polskie Radio Program 1
Sylwia Zadrożna : Po kilu latach działania w pojedynkę, Duńsko-Polska Izba Gospodarcza, Fińska Izba Handlowa, Norweskie Forum Biznesu i Szwedzki Klub Biznesu postanowiły połączyć siły i w ten sposób powstała Skandynawsko-Polska Izba Gospodarcza. Do takiego połączenia doszło pierwszy raz w Europie. Dlaczego doszło do takiego połączenia?
Henrik Jelert : Wydawało nam się, że razem możemy więcej. Mamy wspólne wartości i poglądy, wspólne interesy, które pozwalają nam działać razem.
Sylwia Zadrożna : Czym izba będzie się zajmowała, jakie są jej główne cele?
Henrik Jelert : Poprzez dialog chcemy przekonywać polityków i przedstawicieli polskiego świata gospodarczego do współpracy, do podjęcia stosunków gospodarczych, by działać razem na rzecz Polski.
Translation - English Henrik Jelert, Chairman of the Scandinavian-Polish Chamber of Commerce and Sylwia Zadrożna, Polish Radio Program 1
Sylwia Zadrożna : After several years of operating independently, the Danish-Polish Chamber of Commerce, the Finnish Chamber of Commerce, the Norwegian Business Forum and the Swedish Business Club decided to combine forces and establish the Scandinavian-Polish Chamber of Commerce, the first fusion of this type in Europe. How did it come about?
Henrik Jelert : It seemed to us that we could do more together. We have common values and views, and common interests that allow us to work together.
Sylwia Zadrożna : What will the Chamber do? What are its main objectives?
Henrik Jelert : Through dialogue we want to convince politicians and representatives of the Polish business community to cooperate with each other, to establish business relationships and to act together in the interest of Poland.
Other - Institute of Linguistics
Years of translation experience: 17. Registered at ProZ.com: Jun 2004. Became a member: Feb 2007.
- Native UK English
- SDL Trados certified
- Economics and Politics related first degree
- Language and translation related post-graduate qualifications
- EU VAT registered
- Reliable and responsible to service to my clients
- Member ITI
- Public administration
- European Union
- International politics
RECENT PROJECTS INCLUDE:
- translation of documentation for EU Your Europe project
- translation of diplomatic communiqués for the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs - ongoing project
- translation of annual reports and accounts for Polish stock-market listed company
- translation of sales proposals for real estate companies
- translation of economic reports for Polish banks and financial institutions
- work for European Parliament as part of the Polish translation team;
- translation of historical essays for the Polish government;
- ongoing membership of the UK Governement Cross-Departmental translation team.
- translation of the information prospectus for an IPO
- preparation of materials for an international property exhibition
- translation of materials for an exhibition commemorating the Battle of Tobruk
- translation of speeches and publications of Polish government ministers into English
- translation of real estate market reports for foreign investors
- translation of documentation for HM Revenue and Customs
- Masters Degree in Translations Studies - not yest completed;
- Diploma in Translation – proficiency in POL>EN translation - first stage, Institute of Linguistics, London, United Kingdom;
- 2005 Certificate of proficiency in Polish Language - Advanced (level C1 on the ALTE Council of Europe language proficiency scale) European Council of Languages;
- 2002 Certificate of proficiency in Polish language - Upper Intermediate (level B2 on the ALTE Council of Europe language proficiency scale) European Council of Languages;
- 2000 Post-graduate Diploma English Language Teaching - Trinity College London;
- 1998 Post-graduate Certificate in Applied Linguistics – specialisation in Business English - Guildhall University London;
- 1995 Post-graduate Certificate English Language Teaching – International Language Institute;
- 1992 University of East Anglia – B.a. (hons.) Economics/Political Science.
- How to Do Business in Poland - Investor's Guide [Editor Stuart Dowell]; Deloite Touche Tomahatsu, 2008
- Tobruk in the History and Tradition of the Polish Army [transl. Stuart Dowell]; The Association of Patriotic and Historical Film Makers, 2007
- Anti-Katyń: Soviet Prisoners of War in Poland Facts and Myths, Krzysztof Komorowski, Witold Rawski; [transl. Stuart Dowell]; Ministry of National Defence. Military Bureau Historical Research, 2006
This user has reported completing projects in the following job categories, language pairs, and fields.
Project History Summary
With client feedback
0 positive (0 entries)
Polish to English
Government / Politics
Keywords: polish translator, english translation, polish translation, english to polish, polish to english translation, polish english translation, polish to english, polish english translator, english to polish translation, english to polish translator, english to polish dictionary, translate english to polish, translate polish to english, english polish translator, english polish web translation, polish language translator, polish to english translator, polish translations, language translator polish to english, english polish translation, translator polish, polish translators, english to polish language translation, translation polish to english, translation translator polish english, polish to english translate, translation from english to polish, translation of polish to english, tralate english to polish, polish language translators, polish to english language translator, pol eng translation, translator polish english, translator from english to polish, polish commercial translator, polish business translator, polish translate, english polish service translation, english translation from polish, polish translation services, polish translation uk, polish translation into english, pol eng translator, polish financial translation, polish financial translator, english polish services translation, polish language translation, polish translation service, polish translation agency, polish business translation, online polish to english translation
This profile has received 50 visits in the last month, from a total of 21 visitors