Update June 14, 2017: From now on, I won't be available for translation agencies anymore. I'll be writing about cryptocurrencies, helping people use them, and translating open-source software. I'm proud and excited to work on the technology of freedom.
My mission is to help people and computers understand each other. Since I have a background in both literature and IT, I’m able to explain technical issues in natural, fluent translations.
It's not just a matter of words. As an ex-programmer, I understand how software works.
I translate business software, software documentation, websites and financial texts from English to Dutch, and I also proofread translations in these fields. My most important skills are consistency in style and terminology, concise writing and general knowledge.
Please note that the title of my presentation 'Why you should lower your rates' is ironic.
Since many of my clients require complete confidentiality, I can’t mention their names here. But I have translated or edited texts for the following types of products:
- ERP software, including accounting, financial reporting, HRM, CRM, supply chain management and education administration
- Cloud storage and backup services
- Online and offline spreadsheet and database software
- Help files and documentation for an operating system
- Online help for general and specialized search engines
- Planning software for flowcharts, schedules, logistics and project management
- Antivirus FAQ
- A maps and navigation system
- A point-of-sale system for restaurants
- Professional messaging software
- Instructions for datacenter maintenance
- Internal training for a new ERP system in the food industry
- Consumer electronics manuals
- A hardware manufacturer’s internal communication
- Ads and newsletters for another hardware manufacturer
- A bank’s market analysis newsletters for investors
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.