Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Translator and proofreader since 2004. Graduated in English / Portuguese Language & Literature, with studies in Translation, International Relations and Children & YA Literature. Has expertise in editorial translation and proofreading.
Technical translation experience includes: Civil Engineering – Dentistry – Geology – Health Care – History – Nutrition – Oil & Gas – Pedagogy – Physical Education – Physical Therapy – Social Work
Interested in developing projects in the following fields: App Localization – Children Literature – Environment – Fantasy Literature – Fashion – Game Localization – Gastronomy – Human Sciences – Interior Design – Software Localization – Tourism – Website Localization – Young Adult Literature
• Proofreading the books Vestidos de Realeza: fios e nós centro-africanos no candomblé de Joãozinho da Goméia; Mulato, Homossexual e Macumbeiro: que rei é este? Trajetória de João da Goméia (1914-1971); and A cor da Baixada: escravidão, liberdade e pós-abolição no recôncavo da Guanabara.
• Translating for Editora Record since 2008. Books published include Odd Thomas, Sua Alteza Real, and Gendarme.
• Translating for Editora Harlequin since 2006. Books published include A escolha de Elphame, and A busca de Brighid.
• Translating and proofreading for Casa IberoAmericana (2004-2007), especially in the Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas and Nutrition fields.
• Volunteer work (2014-2015): Translating subtitles for video lectures provided by Coursera.
• Volunteer work (2004-2007): Translating content related to Japanese Culture, Games and RPG for BAIXADANIME – a former convention on Japanese animation & culture.
Keywords: portuguese, literature, proofreading, localization, children's literature, YA literature, literary translation, human sciences, history, health care, nutrition, dentistry