Thread poster: Anja Lysholm
Anja Lysholm
Anja Lysholm
Denmark
Local time: 21:26
English to Danish
+ ...
Sep 28, 2002

Er der nogle af jer der bruger de oversætterværktøjer man kan få til pc? Altså et program der kan rå-oversætte en tekst så man \"bare\" skal rette den til bagefter?

Er de noget værd?

Anja

Matt Nichols
Matt Nichols
Local time: 21:26
Danish to English
Machine translation is worthless (thank God) Oct 4, 2002

All of the examples that I have ever seen of straight machine translation have been worthless rubbish (I think someone posted a wonderful example here). You\'re much better off with a program that \'learns\' as you translate - the more you use it the better the suggestions it will provide and the more that it will be able to translate for you. I use Trados, which is good but not quite as good as some of the publicity would have you believe. BUT you still have to be incredibly careful with how yo... See more
All of the examples that I have ever seen of straight machine translation have been worthless rubbish (I think someone posted a wonderful example here). You\'re much better off with a program that \'learns\' as you translate - the more you use it the better the suggestions it will provide and the more that it will be able to translate for you. I use Trados, which is good but not quite as good as some of the publicity would have you believe. BUT you still have to be incredibly careful with how you use TRADOS or you can end up approving something that was fine in one contaxt but not in the the new one, or failing to notice something that needs changing in a \'close match\'. I\'m afraid there\'s just no alternative to a good, honest day\'s hard work! Hope this helped.Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Oversætterværktøjer

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »