Thread poster: Guylaine Ingram
Guylaine Ingram
Guylaine Ingram  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:49
English to French
Aug 12, 2004

Hi everyone,

I will be shortly travelling to France with my US laptop (Toshiba). My AC adaptor has the following specifications:
Input 100-240V
50-60HZ

Therefore, it seems I should not need to buy a special adaptor/transformer but just a 'plug converter'beetween US plud and France plugs? Am I right? Last thing I want is burn my lap top there!!!!!

Anyone used a US laptop in Europe/France?

Thank you!

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:49
German to Spanish
Yes Aug 12, 2004

Just a adapter for the plug. There is "multiplugs" to use all over the world.

Regards

Guylaine Ingram wrote:

Hi everyone,

I will be shortly travelling to France with my US laptop (Toshiba). My AC adaptor has the following specifications:
Input 100-240V
50-60HZ

Therefore, it seems I should not need to buy a special adaptor/transformer but just a 'plug converter'beetween US plud and France plugs? Am I right? Last thing I want is burn my lap top there!!!!!

Anyone used a US laptop in Europe/France?

Thank you!

Irene N
Irene N
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
No need to worry Aug 12, 2004

I travel with my US laptop all over Europe and to Russia. You are quite right - all you need is a flat/round plug adapter. Actually, I'm sitting here in St. Petersburg, Russia, at my Dell bought in Houston and using it to write this post this very minute. Guaranteed:-)

Sorry, made too many typos.

[Edited at 2004-08-12 18:42]

[Edited at 2004-08-12 18:44]

Guylaine Ingram
Guylaine Ingram  Identity Verified
United States
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you :) Aug 26, 2004

Thank you Toledo and Irene for your comments.
Cheers,
Guylaine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

US laptop adaptor/transformer for use in France

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »