Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: What is the most challenging aspect of translating marketing texts?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
elizabethtur
elizabethtur
United States
New user
Balancing Adaptability and Brand Integrity: Navigating Tagline Evolution in Marketing May 24

Thank you for your insight on the dynamic nature of marketing taglines. It's true that in today's ever-evolving market, adaptability is key, and testing various taglines can indeed help in finding the most resonant message for the target audience.

While the process may seem straightforward, it's essential to ensure that the core message and values of the brand remain intact. For instance, at HouseofParty, we consistently emphasize our commitment to providing the best party materials
... See more
Thank you for your insight on the dynamic nature of marketing taglines. It's true that in today's ever-evolving market, adaptability is key, and testing various taglines can indeed help in finding the most resonant message for the target audience.

While the process may seem straightforward, it's essential to ensure that the core message and values of the brand remain intact. For instance, at HouseofParty, we consistently emphasize our commitment to providing the best party materials. Our tagline may evolve, but our dedication to quality and customer satisfaction remains steadfast.

Adapting taglines based on market feedback is a strategic move, but it also requires a deep understanding of what resonates with customers. By maintaining a balance between testing new taglines and staying true to the brand's essence, we can effectively engage with our audience. This approach ensures that no matter how many times a tagline changes, the brand's core promise of delivering the best party materials is always communicated.

Thank you again for highlighting this important aspect of marketing. It's a great reminder of the importance of flexibility and staying attuned to market needs.
Collapse

Denis Fesik
Denis Fesik
Local time: 02:24
English to Russian
+ ...
I know, it's just my experience May 24

Christopher Schröder wrote:

There's marketing and marketing. Much of it can be used globally

A lot of marketing content coming specifically from the US vibes with me (I hope grammar police won't get me for using "vibe" as a verb) like so many other things out there: big words, loud expressions, bang-for-the-buck sales pitches, missions, visions, value propositions—all taken seriously, it's serious business. Takes tons of creativity to translate it all into Russian without using propaganda language (they are, in fact, mostly written in tried and tested propaganda language, only the propaganda system is different, so Soviet style won't cut it), and still you end up suspecting that you just don't need any of it to push your offering, you must invent something totally different. Of course, plain-vanilla marketing texts about research, data analysis, focus group studies, etc. are translatable with no sweat, but for me marketing translations have always been particularly tiring, so I no longer do them. Many people are happy with machiney marketing translations, so I guess it's my personal idiosyncrasies that don't allow me to be happy too

P.L.F. Persio

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What is the most challenging aspect of translating marketing texts?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »