Thread poster: aivars
aivars
aivars  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 11:45
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 15, 2003

I posted an on-topic message in the Spanish Forum, and it appears off-topic. I have not checked the box to make it off-topic.
It's a bit frustrating to go thru all the off-topic mensajes, and not find relevant info. thanks

two2tango
two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
More info on the case Dec 15, 2003

aivars wrote:

I posted an on-topic message in the Spanish Forum, and it appears off-topic. I have not checked the box to make it off-topic.
It's a bit frustrating to go thru all the off-topic mensajes, and not find relevant info. thanks

Hi Aivars,

I did not "off-topic" your thread, in fact I have just seen it and I made it "on-topic.

Just a question to better assses the case:
- was the thread off-topic when it first appeared?, or else,
- did it appear on-topic and was later moved off-topic?

Regards,
Enrique Cavalitto
Spanish forum moderator

aivars
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:) I know it was not you!! Dec 15, 2003

Cavallito, you kill most of my posts but I know this was not your fault
Best
aivars

two2tango
two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Still curious Dec 15, 2003

aivars wrote:

Cavallito, you kill most of my posts but I know this was not your fault
Best
aivars

Thanks Aivar, but I am still curious. Was the thread born off-topic or someone changed it later?

By the way, a good moderator feels very unhappy every time a posting has to be hidden because it goes against the rules of etiquette.

Cheers,
Enrique

aivars
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I just wanted to start a new topic.. Dec 15, 2003

Thanks for your concern. First I wanted to look for a telephone Aurora gave and could not find it [here's when I realized of the vast amount of off-topic messages in the Spanish forum]. So I started a new topic. If this is an isolated case, let's forget it. It went off like that - off topic - I did not check the off topic box at all.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

On topic post appearing as off-topic in the Spanish Forum

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »