https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/85765-trados_65_is_not_responding.html

Trados 6.5 is not responding
Thread poster: Nathalie Reis
Nathalie Reis
Nathalie Reis  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:29
English to French
Oct 5, 2007

I was translating happily when I pressed on the translate to fuzzy button by mistake. Not knowing what to do next, I decided to close Word (I didn't close workbench). But when I reopened it the text source text was still highlighted but I couldn't close or open the segments any more. The cursor is on a segment and then nothing happens. I seem to get the following message in word: No translation unit seems to be open and when I try to open a different segment, workbench says: {0> mark for startin... See more
I was translating happily when I pressed on the translate to fuzzy button by mistake. Not knowing what to do next, I decided to close Word (I didn't close workbench). But when I reopened it the text source text was still highlighted but I couldn't close or open the segments any more. The cursor is on a segment and then nothing happens. I seem to get the following message in word: No translation unit seems to be open and when I try to open a different segment, workbench says: {0> mark for starting a translation unit is missing or damaged. I really don't know what to do next, but I am really distressed as I don't seem to be able to progress.

By the way I tried the Fix document option and it hasn't made a difference.

HELP please!
Collapse

Steven Capsuto
Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:29
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Fix it manually Oct 5, 2007

If you have Word show all text (including hidden text) you should be able to see the Trados {0> marker at the start of each segment.

Check whether that marker is missing from any of the segments. If so, copy and paste the marker from the beginning of another segment. To do this, you'll probably have to select "copy" and "paste" from Word's "Edit" menu, rather than using the keyboard shortcuts for "copy" and "paste."

[Edited at 2007-10-05 12:13]

Mulyadi Subali
Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 22:29
English to Indonesian
+ ...
restart Oct 8, 2007

what's wrong with translate to fuzzy? i think it's a wonderful feature...
btw, if you want to stop translating to fuzzy, you can just click on the workbench, or click alt + tab and choose workbench.
as for the file, i suggest you to use fresh source file and use translate to fuzzy to go through the translation.

Nathalie Reis
Nathalie Reis  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:29
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 9, 2007

Thank you Steven and Mulyadi, I followed your advice and made it!

Haiyang Ai (X)
Haiyang Ai (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:29
English to Chinese
+ ...
About Trados Nov 19, 2007

The dangers of accidentally deleting hidden tags in Trados is the precise reason why SDL is a better option for translators. I just feel the two column layout is more intuitive when translating.

-------------
English to Chinese translator
www.chineservice.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.5 is not responding

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »