How to edit the contents of a KudoZ question? (Staff: 'Not possible; add note')
Thread poster: Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Local time: 22:52
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Dec 27, 2003

It is great that a facility has recently been introduced to edit the KudoZ questions. I understand that the editing may be carried out in these respects only:

1. Change in language or category

2. Field, general

3. BSO Category

4. Field specific

Could someone please inform me whether it is possible to edit the contents of the questions? Sometimes, we realize that there are spelling mistakes in the question or some words are mi
... See more
It is great that a facility has recently been introduced to edit the KudoZ questions. I understand that the editing may be carried out in these respects only:

2. Field, general

3. BSO Category

4. Field specific

Could someone please inform me whether it is possible to edit the contents of the questions? Sometimes, we realize that there are spelling mistakes in the question or some words are missing and it would be appropriate to correct and add the same, respectively in order to attract precise and accurate answers.

Does this provision exist at all? If so, how can one do the same?

Thanks in anticipation)
Collapse

Valentina Pecchiar
Valentina Pecchiar  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Context is also editable Dec 27, 2003

If I browse to one of my questions and click the Edit Question button, the dialog that opens does allow me to edit the Context field as well (on my screen it is hidden at the bottom and I need to scroll down), no prob whatsoever.

My settings: KudoZ new design, Win XP, Opera as my browser.

The Context field is editable even I revert to old design - just checked.

Try toggling betweem Old and New interface (clic on "Switch to new design"/"Revert to old design"
... See more
If I browse to one of my questions and click the Edit Question button, the dialog that opens does allow me to edit the Context field as well (on my screen it is hidden at the bottom and I need to scroll down), no prob whatsoever.

My settings: KudoZ new design, Win XP, Opera as my browser.

The Context field is editable even I revert to old design - just checked.

Try toggling betweem Old and New interface (clic on "Switch to new design"/"Revert to old design" in the top left corner of the screen), it might help.

Best luck

langclinic wrote:

2. Field, general

3. BSO Category

4. Field specific
Collapse

lim0nka
lim0nka  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:22
English to Polish
I can't find it... Dec 27, 2003

langclinic wrote:

It is great that a facility has recently been introduced to edit the KudoZ questions.

Where can you find it? There is such a possibility in the Standard Design, but not in the new one. At least I can't see it... But even in the Standard Design I can't change the content of my questions.

bartek
bartek  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:22
English to Polish
+ ...
You should go Dec 27, 2003

lim0nka wrote:

Where can you find it? There is such a possibility in the Standard Design, but not in the new one. At least I can't see it... But even in the Standard Design I can't change the content of my questions.

Hi,
You should go to "My Glossary" and choose the question you want to edit. You can do anything you dream of - edit or add info to the term.
I hope it will help
TK

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 13:22
SITE FOUNDER
No, it is not possible to edit contents of questions Jan 23, 2004

It is not possible to edit the contents of questions, since doing so could render answers already submitted (or in the process of being submitted) irrelevant. It would not be clear that answers were submitted on the basis of different info.

You can make corrections by using the asker note feature.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to edit the contents of a KudoZ question? (Staff: 'Not possible; add note')

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »