My name is Piotr and I am a self-employed English-Polish translator. I am a Master of Science in Automatics and Robotics, specialty: Computer Science in Control and Management and an Electrician Technician, specialty: Computer Systems.
I have worked in translation industry since 2001 as a freelancer. In 2009 I finally set up my own company: Finch Localization. I translate and review/edit mainly technical documents, related to IT, automotives, telecommunications and construction equipment.
I offer the following services:
• translating texts from English into Polish (I do not translate from Polish into English).
• reviewing/editing texts translated by another person (terminology, grammar, style, consistency etc.).
• software localization – the process of preparing the software into a translatable format, translating source text, inserting the translated text into a program code, windows resizing, functional and linguistic testing.
• preparing files for translation – the process of converting source files (e.g. PDF, PageMaker, FrameMaker, Adobe Illustrator) into a format which can be used with CAT tools.
• files alignment — the process of creating a translation memory. If you have two files, one in the source language and second in the target language, I can create a translation memory which you can next use with upcoming translation projects.
• creating reports and implementing results from reports created with automated translation quality assurance tools (e.g. QA Distiller, Xbench, Language Toolbox).
• terminology extraction — the process of creating a terminology database. Based on two files, one in the source language and second in the target language, I can create a dictionary of neatly selected terms. I can also prepare a list of so called „terminology candidates”, which can be translated and form a dictionary used during translation phase.
Thanks to over 10 years of experience in translation and localization industry and a 3 year professional localization engineer experience I am a CAT tool expert. Areas of expertise and CAT tools used
I am a flexible translator but it doesn't mean I will accept orders from all areas. I believe that no person is versatile enough to translate texts from all areas and to maintain considerable quality. The areas of my expertise include:
• IT – software and website localization, user guides, instruction manuals, online helps, etc.
• Automotives – workshop manuals, service manuals, user guides, marketing brochures, technical documentation, part catalogues, etc.
• Audio & Video – user guides, parts catalogues, marketing materials, etc.
• Consumer electronics – household appliances user guides, marketing content, etc.
• Tech/engineering – construction equipment/machinery, mechanical engineering, industrial machinery, machines and machine tools, etc.
I would not undertake the translation of legal stuff, literature (prose, poetry, etc.) or transportation or logistics related texts... ;)
• user guides, online help
• product data sheets
• parts catalogues
Main CAT tools I use:
• SDL Trados 2007 & 2009
• Idiom WorldServer Desktop Workbench
• Microsoft Localization Studio
• Alchemy Catalyst
• RC WinTrans
Quote, ordering, payments
I can provide you with a free quote and inform you about expected delivery time.
I am a EU tax payer and have a valid EU tax number, so I can issue you a proper invoice. Standard payment time limit is 30 days from the translation delivery date.
Capacity and rates
Usually I work from 9:00 a.m. till 5:00 p.m. CET on weekdays. Typical daily turnaround is is about 2400-3200 source words. I am very flexible and in case of bigger projects or tight deadlines I am willing to spend more time on translation. As a rule, I do not work on Saturdays and Sundays, nevertheless I still check my e-mail a couple of times a day then.
My rates are similar to the rates offered by top and reliable English-Polish translators.
If you do not have recognition in the context of rates for the source word, write or call me. I will try to help. :)
|This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.|
|Total pts earned: 171|
PRO-level pts: 167
|English to Polish||167|
|Top general fields (PRO)|
|Top specific fields (PRO)|
|Mechanics / Mech Engineering||32|
|Construction / Civil Engineering||32|
|Automotive / Cars & Trucks||28|
|IT (Information Technology)||12|
|Electronics / Elect Eng||11|
|Computers: Systems, Networks||8|
|Pts in 4 more flds >|
See all points earned >