Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
I never produce stilted, literal translations; I guarantee quality, polished, native-sounding prose that coheres with your company voice and tone. With my extensive understanding of Chinese culture and geography, I ensure that your website or product is fully adapted to target locales.
My primary concern is your satisfaction: I know how your brand can benefit from a quality translation. I know what is a truly quality translation. I always keep your target audience in mind during translation.
If you are expecting the highest possible quality in this industry, please do not hesitate to contact me, you cannot find anyone else who can deliver the same level of quality at the same rate.
Awards and Recognition
2013: One of the two finalists in the 11th Proz.com translation contest and the only finalist in Simplified Chinese.
I have published dozens of books since 2001. Here are just a few examples:
2002: Dictionary of Internetworking Terms and Acronyms, Cisco Systems, Chinese Edition
2003: Java 2 Primer Plus, SAMS, Chinese Edition
I specialize in the following areas:
• IT-related translation
• Medical translation
• Marketing materials translation
• Website, software and e-learning localization
• Engineering translation
Note: please do not contact me regarding Gambling-related translation because it is prohibited in China.
In addition to the highest quality translation and localization, I guarantee the following for every client and every project:
Versatility and Creativity:
• I create translated/localized content with your target audience in mind
• Unlike many other translators, I'm able to capture both the clarity required for technical documents and the persuasive creativity required for successful marketing copy
• I work with you to ensure that I fully understand the expectations of both you and your target audience, your term base (if applicable), etc. — so that I can meet or exceed your expectations 100% of the time
• I know how busy my clients are, so I provide translations on time, every time
• I've developed streamlined analysis, evaluation, and time management systems to ensure that nothing slips through the cracks
• I work with a powerful software and hardware system, including automatic data backup and rapid data recovery, meaning you'll never have to worry about lateness caused by technical issues
Privacy and Data Security:
• I understand the sensitive nature of my clients' work, so I'll gladly sign and adhere to an NDA if desired
• I ensure the data security using automatic offline backups on a Windows Server 2012 R2
• I use Symantec Endpoint Protection and enforce a strict user access policy
·As the most reliable translator in the company, entrusted with those most challenging translation tasks
·Developed and maintained lasting client relationships
Chief Linguist at Techbridge Studio
Jan 2002 – May 2004
I was invited to this famous studio who translate IT books for Chinese top publishers, like Tsinghua University Press. I acted as the Chief Linguist – it is very uncommon since I only had 3 months’ experience, but my super command of writing Chinese skills made this happen. The professor was impressed by my fluent, elegant and precise wording.
·Ensured quality of those most important translation projects
·Translated multiple chapters and IT books, including the award-winning Java 2 Primer Plus
Translation Specialist at Artm
Oct 2001 – Jan 2002
In Oct 2001, I started my translation career in ARTM, one of the leading localization companies in Chinese, and I demonstrated my excellent talent within 2 months
·Became an expert translator within only 2 months at top Chinese localization industry
·Won the second place out of 50 employees (including two language managers) in a company-wide translation contest
Government Business letters from a famous global company to former Chinese President
Marketing Materials Apple: Ads for Mac, iPad and iPod GE: Global Business Updates (Presented biweekly by James Campbell, President and CEO of General Electric Consumer & Industrial, from 2007 to 2009) Logitech: Brand Promises
Cars & Trucks Caterpillar: XXX Operation and Maintenance Manual
> Please email me to request further project records related to your field of interest. Case Studies > Please email me to see any of the following case studies (or for questions about case studies in other fields): • Long-term Global Business Update translations for top Fortune 100 company • Diplomatic business letters to Chinese President • Translation and localization of IT website for industry-leading Fortune 100 software company • Technical & marketing translations (website, product manuals, brochures, etc.) for a famous hardware supplier