Thank you for visiting my web-page. My name is Sabina Metcalf, and I’ve been working as an English<>Russian translator for over 15 years, both in-house and freelance. I received my Master’s Degree in International Environmental Policy from Monterey Institute of International Studies (California, USA), and I'm now based in London, UK. My professional experience includes translation of over 20,000 pages of public sector programmes for the Governments of United Kingdom, USA, Canada, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, and Russia; 6 books and 9 web-sites; and numerous private sector and multi-national development project outputs including United Nations and World Bank materials. I am also familiar with Trados, DejaVu, and SDLX software.
Please feel free to drop me a line at email@example.com.
Areas of specialisation
* International organisations and politics
* Medical insurance and health care
* Law (contracts, agreements, etc.)
* Media and advertising
* Fashion, health and beauty
* Oil spill prevention and response
* International legislation
* Environmental science and policy
* International Policy
* Spiritual Development
European Commission Tacis; British Petroleum; MIIS (USA); Russian Ministry of Natural Resources; Governments of Russia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, and Viet Nam; World Bank; United Nations Environmental Programme; Chanel Inc; Vogue magazine.
Department of Politics
University of Exeter
Immigration trends and environmental policy
Master's Degree in International Environmental Policy
Monterey Institute of International Studies (2001-2003)
Certificates in Conflict Resolution, Translation and Interpretation (English-Russian)
British Webb Academy (1998-2000)
English Language and Literature
Baku State University (1994-1998)
• Government of the United Kingdom — Health Care Community Program for Northern Counties;
• Government of the United Kingdom — Immigration Policy materials;
• Google Inc and Yahoo — Media Market survey and review (2005-2007);
• United Nations and GEF — Caspian Environment Programme (1998-2004). Field mission to Kazakhstan, Russia and Azerbaijan focusing on the identification and development of Priority Investment Projects for future World Bank funding and implementation. High (ministerial) level translation and interpretation.
• European Commission — Baltic Oil Spill Safety System, Regional Environment Project (over 10,000 pages);
• World Bank Urgent Environmental Investment Programme, Environmental Management;
• British Petroleum — Social Impact Assessment of Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan Oil Export Pipeline and Shah Deniz Gas Export Pipeline;
• World Bank Urgent Environmental Investment Project – Environmental Management Plan. High-level translation and interpretation for negotiations between local technical staff at the State Committee for Ecology and World Bank delegations and visitors.
* Iris Stuart, Sacred Woman Sacred Dance. Awakening spirituality through music and dance. English-Russian translation. ID Press Publishing House, 2004
* Microcosmic Orbit. Russian-English translation. INBI World, 2004 (not published)
* Bagua-zhan Alchemy. Russian-English translation. ID Press Publishing House, 2005
* Wendy Buonaventura, Serpent of the Nile. English-Russian translation. ID Press Publishing House, 2005
* Merlin Holland. Irish Peacock and Scarlet Marquise. The Real Trial of Oscar Wilde. 2006.