English to Chinese (Cambridge University (ESOL Examinations))
Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS
Advertising / Public Relations
Art, Arts & Crafts, Painting, Religion
Environmental Protection & Energy Efficiency
Medical (general) & Health Care
■ Basic Information
Name ：Melody Xie
Language：English to Chinese
■ Brief Introduction
1. Native Chinese residing in Beijing, with more than 17 years' work experience, 11 years' freelance experience；
2. Extensive as well as intensive experience in translation, with books published, ranging from arts, tourism, hospitality, religion, health care to business；
3. Professional and reliable.
■ Translation Experience
Business, human resources, marketing, training
Fine art, architecture, literature, religion, cultural heritage
* "Female Buddhas: Women of Enlightenment in Tibetan Mystical Art", Tibetan Buddhism;
* "Antony Gaudi- Salvador Dali”, architecture and art;
* "The Hunted", Children's novel;
* "Escape from Fear", Children's novel;
* "Communicating Change”, business;
* "MBA In A Box”, business;
* "Hours of Catherine Cleves", medieval art;
* "Miniature of Old Testament", medieval art;
* "Mars and Venus Diet and Exercise Solution", healthcare.
■ Projects Accomplished (English to Chinese except for otherwise indicated )
* Translated business book "MBA In a Box" and "Communicating Change";
* Richemont Group ,
• Brands served: dunhill, Cartier, Dior, Patek Philippe, TAG Heuer, Montblanc, Rolex, Panerai and Longines.
• Major projects: Website localization for Panerai, Montblanc and Rolex; Product catalogue and website localization for Montblanc and Panerai; Sales training materials for Cartier Eyewear and TAG HEUER.
* Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
• Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Worldwide Member Firms 2005 Review
• Statement of Qualifications to China Post;
• Logistics Service Providers Landscape.
• TCO Line Move Manager’s Toolkit, for internal communication on corporate change;
• Honeywell Annual Repot 2006;
• A series of documents on employee career development scheme;
• GE 2007 Annual Report.
• MAPPING OF PROSPECTIVE PROJECT CO-OPERATIONS OF THE FREE STATE OF SAXONY/GERMANY AND HUBEI PROVINCE/P.R.CHINA IN THE ENVIRONMENTAL FIELD
* Translated book "Female Buddhas: Women of Enlightenment in Tibetan Mystical Art";
* Translated art and architecture book "Antony Gaudi- Salvador Dali";
* Translated art book "Hours of Catherine Cleves";
* Translated art and religious history book "Miniature of Old Testament";
* Have translated bimonthly magazine "One Country" for Bahai belief for six years.
* China Insurance Regulatory Commission, translated a dozen of USA insurance laws and regulations，eg:
• Federal Crop Insurance And Noninsured Crop Assistance;
• Separate Accounts Funding Guaranteed Minimum Benefits Under Group Contracts Model Regulation;
• Risk-based Capital For Insurers Model Act;
• Variable Life Insurance Model Regulation;
* State Administration of Cultural Heritage , translated a series of legal documents on heritage protection, eg:
• Hoi an Protocols;
• Principles for Preservation of Historic Timber Structure;
• Nara Document on Authenticity;
• Burra Charter
• A series of ICOMOS documents about 20th Century Heritage.
* IFPMA（International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Associations）
• FDA documents, eg. 2004 and 2005 Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) Report to the Nation; CDER Handbook; Challenge and Opportunity on the Critical Path to New Medical Products;
• Speeches and materials for IFPMA Anti Commercial Bribery Summit (2006) ,eg. IFPMA Code of Pharmaceutical Marketing Practices & the Role of Self-Regulation;
• Speeches for IFPMA Conference Beijing (2006),eg. Patent Term Extension System in Japan.
• Primary translator for Bayer’s corporate magazine VisionWorks and Report, mainly on the newest development on its technology, materials and medicine;
• Bayer Sustainable Development Report 2005;
• Bayer Sustainable Development Report 2006;
• Other internal and PR materials, eg. 3-i Initiative Overview.
• 2004 Annual Review; 2005 Annual Review；
• Other internal document and PR materials, eg. Manual of Handling Sensitive Information.