English to Spanish (Universitat Autònoma Barcelona: BA in Translation, verified) English to Spanish (University of Michigan: Certificate of Proficiency, verified) English to Catalan (Universitat Autònoma Barcelona: BA in Translation, verified) English to Catalan (University of Michigan: Certificate of Proficiency, verified) Spanish to Catalan (Universitat Autònoma Barcelona: BA in Translation, verified)
Catalan to Spanish (Universitat Autònoma Barcelona: BA in Translation, verified) French to Catalan (Universitat Autònoma Barcelona: BA in Translation, verified) French to Spanish (Universitat Autònoma Barcelona: BA in Translation, verified)
Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Indesign, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, SDL TRADOS
WORKING LANGUAGES: English, Spanish, French, Catalan
(Conversational level / in permanent training: Japanese, Swedish, German, Portuguese)
• 2010 - CURRENTLY: Barça TV, OFFICIAL FUTBOL CLUB BARCELONA’S TV CHANNEL. Simultaneous Interpreting of LIVE broadcasting programs from FCB at Camp Nou, FCB STADIUM. (Catalan, Spanish, English).
• 2010 - 2011: GOL TV – UEFA – FIFA, Simultaneous Interpreting of UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAWS, FIFA BALLON D’OR AWARD CEREMONIES, (Live broadcasting), (English and French into Spanish).
• 2012 (April): 8 Al Dia, Premier Catalan TV show (8TV Channel). Live interview to the world famous pianist Lang Lang (English and Catalan).
MUSICAL & PRO-AUDIO TRANSLATOR, TESTER & REVIEWER
• 2016: Fender Musical Instruments' website translation and proofreading. Guitar, bass and pro-audio specialized translation and localisation (English into Spanish).
• 2012: Fender Magazine 1st Collector’s Edition. Fender Ibérica. Guitar and bass specialized translation and localisation (English into Spanish).
• 2009-2012 Official translator, instrument tester and reviewer for the Guitar Magazine Guitarra Total, (English into Spanish).
• 2001-2004: Roland Electronics Spain. Musical Instruments User’s Manuals translation, photo editing, PDF printing. (English into Spanish).
UNIVERSITY TEACHERS’ TRAINING -TRANSLATION PROJECTS
• 2012 Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona UAB (IDES): ERASMUS MUNDUS PROJECT TTRAINHELAC PROJECT implementation of training plans designed for new university teachers.
• 2011 Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona UAB (IDES): Training and innovation unit for the quality assurance and enhancement in Higher Education.
• 2010 Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona UAB (IDES): EQANIE CONFERENCE: Assessing Quality in Computer-science Degree Programs.
• 2011 Universitat de GIRONA. Project: self-management in academic training
ESSAY, DOCUMENTARY AND MULTIMEDIA TRANSLATOR
• 2007 Osprey Publishing: World War II book: “The Day of Infamy”. About the Japanese Pearl Harbour attack on Dec. 7, 1941. (English into Spanish).
• 2005 Translation of the book “The World is Flat” by Thomas L. Friedman, 3 times Pulitzer Prize winner. (English into Spanish).
WEB - PAGE LOCALISATION AND TELECOM. TRANSLATOR
• 1999-2001 Company: E2S Electronic Engineering Solutions Barcelona. Web page localization and translation. Technical telecom, software and hardware translation. (English into Spanish and Catalan).
MISCELANEOUS TECHNICAL TRANSLATOR
• 2012-14 IGCAR CHEMICALS (Chemical) Translation of chemical products technical documentation for the textile industry (Spanish into French).
• 2009 AUDIOVISIT (Tourism) Translation of audio-guides for visitors of touristic locations. (French into Catalan).
• 2008 EPMO (Pharmaceutics). Translation of manufacturing manuals covering technical equipment for the pharmaceutical equipment & tooling company EPMO. (French into Spanish; English into Spanish).
• (Sept 2003 - June 2007) BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN TRANSLATION AND INTERPRETING in: English, French, Spanish and Catalan languages, by FACULTAT DE TRADUCCIÓ I D’INTERPRETACIÓ (FTI), UNIVERSITAT AUTÒNOMA DE BARCELONA (UAB), Barcelona (Spain). (Average grade: 7.36 / 10). (Credentials verified by www.proz.com)
• (October – January 2007) English Teaching Postgraduate Certificate (C.A.P.) for the Spanish Secondary Education. FACULTAT DE CIENCIES DE L’EDUCACIÓ, UNIVERSITAT AUTÒNOMA DE BARCELONA (UAB), Barcelona (Spain)
• (July 2015) SWEDISH LANGUAGE. OFFICIAL A2 LEVEL CERTIFICATE at Institut Nòrdic Barcelona. www.institutnordic.com
• (June 1998) CERTIFICATE OF PROFICIENCY IN ENGLISH (by University of Michigan. U.S.A.) & Institut d’Estudis Nord-Americans (IEN) Barcelona (Spain). (Credentials verified by www.proz.com)
• (September – December 2007) English Business Conversation Course at Institut d’Estudis Nord-Americans (IEN) Barcelona (Spain).
• French as a foreign language since primary school. 3 courses at Institut Français de Barcelona. Final A qualification in French language during the 4th year as Translation Degree student at FTI (UAB).
• Japanese language. 4 courses at Escola Oficial d’Idiomes Barcelona Drassanes + 3 courses during Translation BA at FTI UAB.
COMPUTER-AIDED TRANSLATION & EDITING TOOLS:
• SDL TRADOS – MULTITERM Diploma (February 2008).
• Windows XP, Windows 7. Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point.
APPLE MACINTOSH SYSTEMS
• Mac OS X experienced user. Layout, image editing & design: ADOBE INDESIGN, ADOBE FRAME MAKER 7.0. & ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR (more than 5.000 pages translated, printed & edited. PDF conversion, text fonts’ control, laser printing & final layout).
MK3 SOUND SCHOOL BARCELONA (1994-1997)
• SOUND TECHNICIAN DIPLOMA 1996, Audio Recording and Studio Mixing Diploma 1997. Apple Logic Studio advanced user.
MUSIC & GUITAR TECHNICIAN
• Self-taught electric guitar technician with more than 100 instruments repaired, restored and adjusted over 15 years.
• Music student and electric guitar player for the last 20 years.
• Spanish B1 Driver’s License since 2003.