Member since Oct '05 Working languages: English to Italian French to Italian German to Italian Italian (monolingual) Spanish to Italian
Luca Ruella Games, IT, Localization and Technology
Freelancer and outsourcer, Verified member This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. Blue Board: All Stars Translation LLC (previously Amber), STAR Italia - STAR srl / STAR Italia - STAR s.r.l. Translation, Interpreting, Editing/proofreading, Website localization, Software localization, Voiceover (dubbing), Subtitling, MT post-editing, Transcription, Training, Desktop publishing, Project management
Specializes in: IT (Information Technology) Sports / Fitness / Recreation Computers (general) Computers: Hardware Computers: Software Computers: Systems, Networks Games / Video Games / Gaming / Casino Internet, e-Commerce Media / Multimedia Automotive / Cars & Trucks
Also works in: Electronics / Elect Eng Engineering (general) Engineering: Industrial Mechanics / Mech Engineering Manufacturing SAP Automation & Robotics Telecom(munications) Marketing / Market Research Business/Commerce (general) Tourism & Travel Printing & Publishing Military / Defense Slang Photography/Imaging (& Graphic Arts) Journalism Science (general) Cinema, Film, TV, Drama Music Advertising / Public Relations Transport / Transportation / Shipping Wine / Oenology / Viticulture Retail Surveying Textiles / Clothing / Fashion Idioms / Maxims / Sayings General / Conversation / Greetings / Letters Architecture Cooking / Culinary Certificates, Diplomas, Licenses, CVs
PRO-level points: 299, Questions answered: 159, Questions asked: 428 1 projects entered
Project Details Project Summary Corroboration Translation Volume: 10000 words Completed: Oct 2006 Languages: English to Italian Software localization Localization of the Bullguard software (www.bullguard.com) Computers: Software No comment.
Access to Blue Board comments is restricted for non-members. Click the outsourcer name to view the Blue Board record and see options for gaining access to this information.
Euro (eur), U. S. dollars (usd) Other - SSIT Years of translation experience: 20. Registered at ProZ.com: Nov 2000. Became a member: Oct 2005. N/A English to Italian (SSIT Torino) French to Italian (SSIT Torino) English to Italian (Associazione Italiana Traduttori e Interpreti) N/A Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, AutoCAD, Dreamweaver, FrameMaker, Indesign, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Pagemaker, Powerpoint, QuarkXPress, SDL TRADOS, SDLX, STAR Transit http://www.amber.eu.com English (PDF) Luca Ruella endorses ProZ.com's Professional Guidelines (v1.1).
- Quality assurance / LSO
- Video editing
- TM Alignment
- Software testing
- Technical writing
Experience: 15 years of experience as a translator IT/Computing
- Software and Website localization (Microsoft, Adobe, GettyImages, Allposters)
- Hardware & software manuals (HP, Minolta, Sony)
- Technical publications (Lucent, Cisco, Sophos)
- In-game text, voiceover scripts, manuals (PC, XBox, PS2/PS3, PlayStation Portable, Nintendo DS, WAP games)
- Linguistic and functional testing of games
- Voiceover services
- Online poker rooms, betting, casinos (Hollywood Poker, PKR, UltimateBet)
- Tourism portals (Opodo, Best Western)
- Airline companies (EasyJet, WizAir)
- Industrial automation, measuring instruments, machinery, automotive industry, patents, SAP (Rockwell, Audi, BMW, Minolta, Eriez)
- Consumer products, printers, TVs, DVD and MP3 players, mobile phones, smartphones, car audio. End clients include Panasonic, Sony, Philips, HP, RIM.
- Official translations for UEFA and FIFA portals
- Marketing documents and press releases (Callaway golf)
- Games (Smash court tennis 3, Smackdown, World Rally Championship)
- Tallj Weil (fashion), Rockwell (Industrial Automation), Benetton (fashion), Sophos (Antivirus software)
- Internal policies, Internal procedures and standards (FedEx, McDonald's, DiData)
- Upgrade your PC, M. Soper, P. Norton, Jackson Libri, 2002
- Color for Websites, Molly Holzschlag, Apogeo, 2001 This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.
This user has reported completing projects in the following job categories, language pairs, and fields.
Project History Summary Total projects 1 With client feedback 0 Corroborated 0 positive (0 entries) 0 positive 0 neutral 0 negative 0
Job type Translation 1 Language pairs English to Italian 1 Specialty fields Computers: Software 1 Other fields
Keywords: translation, italian, traduzione, italiano, localisation, localization, localizzazione, software, hardware, computer, pc, games, script, voiceover, sport, studio, video recording, doppiaggio, videogiochi, DTP, copywriting, team, translation team
Profile last updated Feb 13