Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
CONAN P. KIRKPATRICK
6150 W. 51st St., Apt. 1,
Mission, KS 66202, USA
Tel.: (913) 262-2782
Mobile: (913) 269-3507
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Thirteen years experience in writing and editing English translation of German publications covering cultural, social, architectural, environmental,
and highly technological subject matters for international release in the form of software, hard copy, and web sites.
• Received comprehensive training in engineering and business terminology in both English and German at a world-renowned
language and interpreting school in Germany.
• Keen attention to detail and cultural nuances.
• Thorough compliance with deadlines and time frames.
• Demonstrated highly effective communication and coordination skills while working with writers, editors, paginators, and translation agencies.
EXPERIENCE AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Translation and Editing Projects, Mission, KS, USA | 2001-Present
• moses. Verlag GmbH, Kempen, Germany
• Edited translation of “Pocket Quiz” game software, which has sold more than 2 million copies since its release in September 2009.
• teNeues Verlag, Kempen, Germany
• Wrote and edited translations of four books about true stories of animal rescue authored by prominent German animal protectionist Michael Aufhauser for worldwide release.
• Wrote and edited translation of official web site for Gut Aiderbichl, the animal protection trust and sanctuary group founded by Michael Aufhauser in Germany and Austria.
• Wrote and edited “Royal Weddings”, the English edition of a German-authored book featuring humorous accounts of royal weddings throughout history for worldwide release.
• fusion publishing GmbH, Berlin, Germany
• Edited translations of “Cool Restaurants”, a multilingual book series about modern and unique restaurant designs around the world for worldwide release.
• Edited translation of “Urban Chic”, a multilingual publication featuring ecological architecture and design around the world for worldwide release.
All projects for the aforementioned publishers were carried out on request of Artes Translations, Warwickshire, UK.
• Robert Bosch GmbH, Stuttgart, Germany
• Wrote and edited translations of monthly newsletter “Diesel News”.
• Wrote and edited translations of brochures and advertisements about Bosch automotive service centers and service programs.
• Wrote and edited translations of technical documents, brochures, and advertisements about electronic and automotive OEM Bosch products.
• ABB Group, Zurich, Switzerland
• Wrote and edited translations of technical documents, brochures, advertisements, and press releases about marine drive systems.
• Created advertising slogans specifically targeting U.S. audiences.
• Wrote and edited translations of energy consulting brochures.
• Wrote and edited translations of technical documents, brochures, advertisements, and press releases about gas analyzer products.
All projects for the aforementioned companies were carried out on request of Oxford Technical Translations, NY.
• Tomic TEC GmbH, Munich, Germany
• Edited translation of company web site.
Project for above-mentioned company was carried out on request of Translations-HWP, Munich, Germany.
Translation and Editing Projects, Munich, Germany | 1997 - 2001
• Audi Akademie GmbH, Ingolstadt, Germany
• Wrote and edited translations of technical documents, brochures, advertisements, and press releases about electronic and automotive products.
• ALICE Software Service GmbH, Erkrath, Germany
• Wrote and edited translations of technical documents, brochures and press releases about insurance software products.
• Assisted Chief Executive Officer in drafting English versions of corporate license and maintenance agreements.
SDI Language and Interpreters' Institute, Munich, Germany | 1994-1997
• Received Master of Arts in translation with 3.7 GPA
• Primary fields of study:
• Engineering (automotive technology, information technology, electronics)
• Business (economic/financial principles and instruments)
Johnson County Community College, Overland Park, KS | 2007-2008
• Technical Writing (GPA: 4.0)
• Basic and Advanced Video Production (GPA: 4.0)
SDI Language and Interpreters' Institute, Munich, Germany | 2001
• Software localization and HTML workshop
• Member of American Translators Association (ATA), Alexandria, VA | 2001-Present
• Member of German Association of Interpreters and Translators (BDÜ), Munich, Germany | 1997-Present