Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
MacMillan Language Services, Ltd.
1451 N. Franklin Ct., Louisville, CO 80027
We are a family translation and interpretation business specializing in facilitating effective communication between English and Spanish speakers. We have native fluency in both languages and over 14 years experience in providing translation and interpretation services in a variety of fields.
Our work portfolio includes projects in:
• Science, including health, basic research, agriculture, natural resource management and environmental stewardship;
• Legal and financial, including private and public sector contracts, lawsuits and arbitration, notarial instruments and official documents;
• Social science research, including survey instrument design and data analysis;
• Education, including special needs and adult education, and educational administration;
• International development and organizations, such as the World Bank, IADB and OECD development agencies;
• Organizational and fund resource development, marketing and communications for not-for-profit organizations, including proposal writing;
• Literature, including children’s books and environmental sustainability programs.
Luisa McMillan is a native of Colombia with a professional degree in psychology from the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in Bogotá. She has extensive experience in organizational and human development, communications, counseling, elementary education and social service executive leadership. She currently works in the Boulder Valley School District as a liaison with Hispanic families and a bilingual translator & interpreter. She is certified by the BVSD in interpretation and translation and is a member of the American Translators Association (ATA), Colorado Translators Association (CTA) and the Colorado Association of Professional Interpreters (CAPI).
James (Jim) McMillan is a native of the U.S. and holds a bachelor’s degree in Spanish literature and language from Dartmouth College and a Master of Nonprofit Management from Regis University in Denver, where he was elected to the Alpha Sigma Nu honor society. Over his 25+ year career he has worked in cross-cultural learning, higher education development, language acquisition, international development, fund raising for scientific research (including agriculture, developmental psychology and neuroscience.) He has over 10 years academic and work experience in South America, Mexico and Spain. He is an ATA-certified translator from Spanish to English and is a certified interpreter for the Boulder Valley School District in both basic and technical fields, including special education. Jim is also a member of the ATA, CTA and CAPI.
Why hire us?
• Your words matter. You took great care to produce the best materials to communicate your message in English. As you reach out to a Spanish-speaking audience you’ll want a partner who will treat the meaning of your message as the precious commodity it is. This is our business, and we rely on our reputation for producing quality translations. We treat your project as our own because our business depends on it.
• We focus on your needs. When we start a project we begin with a thorough interview of key staff members so we understand your needs, end goals and the demographics of your target audience. We offer feedback on your source and target language materials when our expert eyes spot problematic language or potential inconsistencies in your messaging.
• We are available, responsive and accountable. We have no bureaucracy to slow us down, no phone menus to keep our clients on hold, no committees to disperse responsibility for projects. We are agile, flexible and responsive to your needs, whether your project is big or small. When you are a client, you have our home phone.
• We can do it all. Our primary focus is the language, but many of our clients ask us to format our translations into their existing templates for brochures, web pages, or presentations. We can do most projects of this sort, and when we can’t, we have a pool of experts to get the job done.
Make MacMillan Language Services, Ltd. your partner in reaching out across linguistic divides to better reach your target audience and markets with effective communication materials. We’ll help you build bridges to a successful future!