The person shown here is a ProZ.com member. He or she may be contacted directly for language-related services. |
Member since Mar '17
English to Thai
Thai to English
| chaisaeng nagler |
Local time: 02:52 GMT (GMT+0)
| Freelancer, Verified member |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Translation, Interpreting, Editing/proofreading, Website localization, Software localization, Voiceover (dubbing), Subtitling, MT post-editing, Transcription, Training, Desktop publishing, Project management, Copywriting|
|Biology (-tech,-chem,micro-)||Computers (general)|
|Printing & Publishing||Marketing / Market Research|
|Law (general)||Internet, e-Commerce|
|International Org/Dev/Coop||Cinema, Film, TV, Drama|
|Business/Commerce (general)||Automation & Robotics|
|Also works in:|
|Advertising / Public Relations||Linguistics|
|Poetry & Literature||Management|
|Media / Multimedia||Medical: Pharmaceuticals|
|Medical: Instruments||Medical: Health Care|
|Telecom(munications)||Law: Patents, Trademarks, Copyright|
|Computers: Software||Computers: Systems, Networks|
|Cooking / Culinary||Medical: Dentistry|
|Economics||Food & Drink|
|General / Conversation / Greetings / Letters||Government / Politics|
|Human Resources||IT (Information Technology)|
|Certificates, Diplomas, Licenses, CVs|
|Master's degree - Middlesex University|
|Years of translation experience: 15. Registered at ProZ.com: Jun 2011. Became a member: Mar 2017.|
|English to Thai (London South Bank University, UK; Kasetsart Univer)|
English to Thai (Kasetsart University)
English to Thai (University of Middlesex)
Thai to English (University of Middlesex)
|Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Frontpage, MemoQ, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Pro, Microsoft Word, BusinessObjects, Oracle, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS|
To whom may it concern
I possess proven inter-personal, organisational, presentational, managerial, analytical and communication skills that allow me to connect effectively with people from all walks of life, ranging from executives, scientists, private and public sector workers as well as members of the public.
I have developed a well-founded knowledge of both Thai and English languages, having gained degree and master degree qualifications in both Thai and UK universities, and also spent a substantial time working in both Thailand and the UK in a professional capacity.
Moreover, throughout my previous careers shows my ability to learn and adapt.
In the last ten years, I have been working intensively as a Thai linguist- translator, interpreter, language instructor as well as Thai<> English language consultant for Business and Marketing (transcreation) in various industries, worldwide. Additionally, with my IT consultant background, I have had opportunities to work on projects both in Europe and USA on localization and testing (both language and technical terms in IT).
Additionally, my wealth of skills, knowledge and experience contribute directly and indirectly to this role which are as follows:
Full list of highlighted projects:
1. Work with leading UK Premier League Football Clubs
1.1 I was asked by a top four Premier League Football club that has strong presence in Thailand, to contact international companies in Thailand, to forge global partnerships. My role was to open a rapport, in Thai, with the aforementioned companies. All of the activities were done via telephone.
1.2 Since November 2014, I have worked with 3 Top Premier League Football clubs in various tasks including
• I translated contents on social media- Twitter and Facebook for a leading Premier League football club on live match events as well as its daily activities update for building up of its football matches.
• I accompanied Thai children and their guardians from under-privileged background while they visited a different Premier League Football Club for filming activity and their experiences of a life time visiting the Club, watching the match as well as meeting the Club big-name players.
• I was asked by a big sponsor of another Premier League football Club to interview the Club top footballers for Thai journalists as they did not have adequate English to perform the task.
1.3 I worked for IMG studio, UK (It is a part of IMG Productions, a division of IMG Worldwide, the global sports, fashion and media company ). My role was to translate football coverages of a Premier League football Club.
2. Marketing support s & trainings
1.1 In 2013, I was commissioned to work in the capacity of simultaneous Thai interpreter at a large conference that had 400 participants, in Macau. The contexts were “An awareness of habits of Asian consumers and the big picture of marketing on technology’s products including IT related products: the internet, computer, mobile phone, gaming software and printers as well as how to capture consumers’ attentions”.
1.2 Recently I worked as a simultaneous Thai interpreter in a large, global insurance company on their marketing training-“An awareness of social media and its effects on the company business” and award ceremony for their high achiever employees. The conference was held in the city of London.
1.3 I worked on creation of lists of the top websites as well as the top RSS feeds for Thai market in four categories that were: News, Finance, Travel and Sports. I have written descriptions for each of these websites in Thai and translated into English.
2. Business and IT research & support
2.1 Worked as a researcher and event organiser of an event at CNBC International, London and Shell Company, London and Bangkok. I conducted research into: transportation, energy, environment and human health related to Thailand transport infrastructure. I contacted prominent figures in those fields in Thailand and Asia- Pacific countries, them in the public and private sectors, to invite to attend a conference (90 participants) that was held in Bangkok in September 2013.
I had opportunities to demonstrate my oral/written communication skills by being solely responsible for contacting (using emails and telephone communication) directly those prominent figures and their secretaries. Clients gave excellent feedback, saying that I had played a large part in getting the guests at the required levels and number; I had employed insight knowledge of Thai culture/ people. My success in this assignment owes much to my knowledge of the Politics of Thailand, and I applied this to my research strategy.
2.2 My work on IT and Language localization, in Czech Republic and USA., that allowed me to show my ability to incorporate language skills with highly technical skills in IT and digital set up such as the web, IT network and mobile phone applications.
2.3 Worked as an interviewer and document creator, as well as researcher, for a medical science project including acute heart failure and skin diseases experts in Thailand. All of these activities have been done via telephone, email and internet searches.
2.4 Most recent project in London, UK, this year, I worked for a global software company on software recognition program with Thai language.
3. Advertising support
3.1 I was commissioned to work in the capacity of Thai<> English linguist in the USA for a well-known, large world-wide advertising company based in London. My main role was to interview Thai dentists while filming in USA. The footage would be made into TV adverts for Thailand. The product was toothpaste produced by a world-renowned pharmaceutical company. My other roles were: to translate the interview scripts from English to Thai and back- translation; to transcribe the dentists’ voice records in Thai and translated them into English; to provide English<> Thai language expertise to align voices and texts ( subtitling).
3.2. Post-production & sub-titling for an advertisement for the Ford Motor Company.
The content of this film was about an art installation that was created by a local Thai light creator. His work is mostly on design and creation of special light effects for entertainment events. He went on a trip to Taiwan and Yogyakarta to find inspiration for this particular piece of work.
My role was to translate his speeches in the film to English and help in the subtitling task.
4. Thai language teaching and Thai language expert
4.1 On-going teaching of the Thai language in the UK in different situations, namely: classroom environments, one-to-one and small groups, for over 10 years.
4.2 An on-going role as Thai language examiner/ assessor for a UK body that is accredited for training and granting ‘Thai interpreter certificates- level 3 and 4’.
5. Law interpreting and translation
An example of my experience in the legal field can be illustrated by the following cases:
• I worked with a Thai law firm together with English law firm for an aviation case in London
(The High Court of Justice of England and Wales- Queen’s Bench Division).
• Consecutive Interpreting in a hospital tribunal - I worked for a firm of solicitors defending a Thai person against a forced detainment in a psychiatric unit.
• Consecutive Interpreting in the Old Bailey – the Central Criminal Court (UK), Magistrates' courts as well as Family courts in the UK.
6. Medical Translation and interpreting
• Translation of scientific testing results on microbial (bacteria causes legionnaires disease) populations occurring in a water tank and cooling system of a five star hotel in Thailand. The test was used as prepared evidence for a court case.
• Role as researcher for a medical science project including acute heart failure and skin diseases experts in Thailand.
• Interpreting and translation of a UK-Aid project to Thailand, reduction of the fungus-derived toxin, Aflatoxin, in animal feed stuff (a 3 year assignment)”
• Translate the interview scripts with scientific concept from English to Thai and back- translation the production of a commercial advertisement of a personal hygiene product for a world-renowned Pharmaceutical company as well as interview the experts
• Translation of a scientific/medical related paper- Ion pair complex technology for drug delivery system
• Interpreting in a hospital tribunal case for a lawyer and an accused Thai client against a forced detainment in a psychiatric unit
Furthermore, my background and experience working in the West and Thailand, both in the private and public sectors, has given me an opportunity to broaden my outlook on life which equips me to understand etiquette across socio-economic backgrounds and work effectively in various different cultures, where Thai and English are required to be equally deployed.
Last but not least, I have experience in planning and organising trips in the UK for Thai tourists, ranging from internal travel, accommodation, day excursions, meals, itinerary planning and shopping guidance.
Finally, I would like to thank you for considering my application. I enclose my CV with this covering letter, as requested, and look forward to hearing from you soon.
Keywords: Thai Language, translator, interpreter, medical, law, advertisement, transcreation, Thai<> English
Simultaneous Interpreting, Consecutive at Court and solicitor firms, Conference interpreter, legal contract translator, Thai to English translation with a team native English speakers as editors and proofreaders
pharmaceutical/medical/scientific conference ( Simultaneous Interpreting)
Profile last updated