Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Adobe Acrobat, Aegisub, CafeTran Espresso, MateCat, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, OmegaT, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, Smartcat
CV available upon request
Japanese / English / Italian » Brazilian Portuguese Translator
- STUDIES -
• Graduated in Portuguese/Japanese Language Studies at Rio de Janeiro Federal University (UFRJ) in 2010.
• Started a Specialization Course in English Translation at Gama Filho University (now extinct) in 2011, to be completed at another institution in the future.
• Started a Technical Course in Industrial Automation at National Service for Industrial Training (SENAI) in September 2020 in order to specialize in technical translation, to be completed in 2021.
- EXPERIENCE -
• Started translating amateurishly in 2003.
• Started translating professionally in 2014.
• Worked mostly on technical translation, especially in the automotive industry, as well as Healthcare.
- ABOUT ME -
From a very young age, I have been interested in languages. I started learning English at age 5, Japanese at age 11, and Italian at age 20. These are the languages I work with for a living, but I'm also conversational in Spanish, French, and Esperanto, and I study many others as a hobby.
I was born and raised in Brazil, so my mother tongue is Portuguese, which doesn't mean I don't take it just as seriously as my foreign languages when it comes to correct grammar, proper punctuation, spelling, etc.
I love reading both fiction and nonfiction. Lately, I've been reading more and more about engineering so I can improve the quality of my technical translations, which I'm specializing in. Since I have also translated a significant amount of medical material, I've been doing some reading on that as well.
- MAIN PAST PROJECTS -
• ENGINEERING: manuals for home and industrial equipment, manuals for production processes, and patents, especially for the automotive and electronics industries.
• HEALTH AND SAFETY: manuals, guides, leaflets, and teaching material on Covid-19, personal hygiene care, measures to prevent contagious diseases, rules of safety at work, PPE, etc.
• MEDICAL: research papers, hospital forms, medical prescriptions, teaching material on elderly care, teaching material on dementia, teaching material on nutrition during pregnancy, patient examination instructions, medical consultations, medical report and history with details about the diagnosis and clinical/surgical treatments of a cancer patient.
• PHARMACEUTICAL: research papers, guidelines and regulations on the production of pharmaceuticals.
• BUSINESS MANAGEMENT: reports, financial statements, corporate social responsibility guidelines, quality control guidelines, occupational safety guidelines, internal regulations
• INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY: Industrial software manuals
Keywords: English, Japanese, Italian, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, English to Portuguese, English to Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese to Portuguese, Japanese to Brazilian Portuguese, Italian to Portuguese, Italian to Brazilian Portuguese, ENPT, ITPT, JAPT, JPPT, portoghese, ポルトガル語, translation, engineering, technical translation