Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
- Harting scholarship: one year of undergraduate and postgraduate modules in English Literature and Linguistics at the University of Birmingham, UK (1999-2000).
- MA in Applied English Linguistics from the University of Amsterdam (honours’ level, obtained in 2007)
Relevant work experience:
- Founded Dutch Direct Translation Services in 2009, to facilitate part-time editing and translating of MA and PhD theses for friends
- Started working as a full-time in-house translator at AzTech Solutions, a small technical translation agency, in May 2012
- Took over the management of the i-vertaalbureau website from a close friend and colleague in April 2013
- Had to quit my job at AzTech Solutions in October 2013 because too many freelance assignments were coming in through i-vertaalbureau
Since I work almost exclusively for direct clients, a wide variety of text types and subject areas come in for translation. I cannot handle all NL-EN jobs myself, especially now that I am working on the translation of a book. I am therefore looking for colleagues to work with on a regular basis, especially native GB or US ones who also do proofreading.
I am committed to providing native-quality translations, and all translations I provide are checked by an independent second reader who is (also) native in the target language. Translators and proofreaders are selected to match the text type and variety of English required (mainly UK or US, sometimes international English).
Keywords: English to Dutch, Engels naar Nederlands, translation, transcription, short texts, academic texts, creative texts, lyrics, poems, reviews, journal articles, magazine articles, religion, esoterics, historical novels