Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
As an engineer with over 20 years of experience in the computer industry, I've worked on software and hardware development teams, as well as on training departments in some leader companies of the IT market. My responsibilities included technical writing, translation, review and QA of project documents, equipment manuals, training courses material, technical standards, bulletins and other technical materials. I worked for three years in a Brazilian translation agency, being responsible for the management of the technical translation area. I have a strong background in computer technology, software environment, and engineering, and these skills benefit my performance in technical translations and software localization. My international background includes training and working in the US, where I lived during three years.
Areas of Expertise
- Software localization (CSG/Kenan, Corel, PlanetIntra, GlobalPC, Remedy Call Center, Canon, Xerox, McAfee, Microsoft, OTG, Saratoga, and other).
- Translation of training courses, software and hardware manuals, maintenance and operation manuals for: Land, and Cellular Telephony Systems; Networks; Network Security; Data Communication; Satellite; Information Systems; Call Centers; Help Desks; Network Management Systems; Peripherals; IT; Mechanical Devices; Automotive; Medical Equipment.
- Translation of help files, Web pages and HTML files.
Computer hardware and software readily available
- PC Intel Core2 Duo 1,66 GHz, 3 GB RAM, 240 GB HD, DVD/CD-RW, modem 56K, Cable line (high speed), ZIP drive, printer, fax.
- Windows Vista, MS Office 2007.
- Translation Tools (SDL TRADOS 2007 Freelance Suite, SDLX 2007, SDL Trados Studio 2009, Fortis, ForeignDesk, other).
- FrameMaker 6/7, Visio, Adobe Acrobat 8 (full), other