Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Translation Volume: 15000 words Duration: Mar 2015 to Dec 2015 Languages: English to French
Articles for the "Timounyo" website
A Unicef-Haïti platform, Timounyo aims at making the voices of Haitian children, and of those who work for them, heard.
2 sample articles available at http://timounyo.com: "Campagne de sensibilisation sur la nutrition à Fond des Blancs" & "Santé maternelle à Fond des Blancs".
Nutrition, Medical (general), Education / Pedagogy
Translation Volume: 20000 words Duration: Apr 2015 to Jun 2015 Languages: English to French
Yearbook Express 2010 of the United Nations
Translation of Part 1: Political and security questions & Part 2: Human Rights -
Revision of Part 3: Economic and social questions, Part 4: Legal questions and Part 5: Institutional, administrative and budgetary questions
(Doc. available online - Feedback and certificate available upon request)
Translation Volume: 5000 words Completed: Jun 2015 Languages: English to French
Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM) and the Internet (part 1 & 2 )
2 analysis for ECPAT Belgium on the "Influences and Motives of CSAM users online" and on the " Challenges for the Law Enforcement Agencies".
(Doc. available online - Feedback available upon request)
Social Science, Sociology, Ethics, etc., Law (general)
Master's degree - Specialised Translation - Part-time (current at University of Westminster) / Diploma in Translation 2013 (English to French and Spanish to French), Chartered Institute of Linguists Educational Trust
Years of translation experience: 3. Registered at ProZ.com: Feb 2013. Became a member: Dec 2013.
- International development: Wide range of topics, including political & security questions, human rights, United Nations bodies, humanitarian organisations, sustainable development, empowerment of women.
- Science and technology.
- Education: including learning methods, pedagogy, child development and MFL.
- Running: particular interest in trail, women's running and running gear.
- Medecine: gastroenterology, nutrition, sports injury and autism.
- Diploma in Translation English to French, Science and Technology – Institute of Linguists.
- Diploma in Translation Spanish to French, Science & Technology – Chartered Institute of Linguists.
- Licence LEA (Licence en Langues Etrangères Appliquées anglais-espagnol, comparable to an English and Spanish Applied Languages BA (Hons) – Université de Rouen.
- Teaching diplomas: DAEFLE (Diplôme d’Aptitude à l’Enseignement du Français Langue Etrangère) – Alliance Française Paris Ile-de-France; QTS awarded by the General Teaching Council for England; Diplôme de professeur des Ecoles (equivalent to PGCE for KS1 and KS2) – Institut Universitaire de Formation des Maîtres – Eure, France.
* As a linguist:
- Probono translations January 2015 to date for a large range of organisations, including the United Nations Department of Publication and Information (translation of the chapters of the UN Yearbook Express 2010 in collaboration with another translator), Unicef-Haïti for its new Platform, Timounyo (translation of articles relating to the situation of children in Haïti), ECPAT Belgium (translation of 2 analysis on the "Influences and Motives of CSAM users online" and on the " Challenges for the Law Enforcement Agencies"). See Project History above for more details
- Translation of “True colors, Handy guide to teamwork” (Don Lowry);
- Translation of brochures on welding electrodes and general business documents, for an automotive company;
- Revision of my students presentations and preparation of a wide range of French courses.
* As a teacher:
- Primary teacher for state schools in France;
- French teacher/tutor (free-lance and for private schools) in Italy and England;
- Carer providing one-to-one support for children on the autistic spectrum.
This user has reported completing projects in the following job categories, language pairs, and fields.