Translation Volume: 15000 words Duration: Mar 2015 to Dec 2015 Languages: English to French
Articles for the "Timounyo" website
A Unicef-Haïti platform, Timounyo aims at making the voices of Haitian children, and of those who work for them, heard.
2 sample articles available at http://timounyo.com: "Campagne de sensibilisation sur la nutrition à Fond des Blancs" & "Santé maternelle à Fond des Blancs".
Nutrition, Medical (general), Education / Pedagogy
Translation Volume: 20000 words Duration: Apr 2015 to Jun 2015 Languages: English to French
Yearbook Express 2010 of the United Nations
Translation of Part 1: Political and security questions & Part 2: Human Rights -
Revision of Part 3: Economic and social questions, Part 4: Legal questions and Part 5: Institutional, administrative and budgetary questions
(Doc. available online - Feedback and certificate available upon request)
Translation Volume: 5000 words Completed: Jun 2015 Languages: English to French
Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM) and the Internet (part 1 & 2 )
2 analysis for ECPAT Belgium on the "Influences and Motives of CSAM users online" and on the " Challenges for the Law Enforcement Agencies".
(Doc. available online - Feedback available upon request)
Social Science, Sociology, Ethics, etc., Law (general)
Master's degree - Specialised Translation - Part-time (current at University of Westminster) / Diploma in Translation 2013 (English to French and Spanish to French), Chartered Institute of Linguists Educational Trust
Years of translation experience: 3. Registered at ProZ.com: Feb 2013. Became a member: Dec 2013.
- International development: Wide range of topics, including political & security questions, human rights, United Nations bodies, humanitarian organisations, sustainable development, empowerment of women.
- Science and technology.
- Education: including learning methods, pedagogy, child development and MFL.
- Running: particular interest in trail, women's running and running gear.
- Medecine: gastroenterology, nutrition, sports injury and autism.
- Diploma in Translation English to French, Science and Technology – Institute of Linguists.
- Diploma in Translation Spanish to French, Science & Technology – Chartered Institute of Linguists.
- Licence LEA (Licence en Langues Etrangères Appliquées anglais-espagnol, comparable to an English and Spanish Applied Languages BA (Hons) – Université de Rouen.
- Teaching diplomas: DAEFLE (Diplôme d’Aptitude à l’Enseignement du Français Langue Etrangère) – Alliance Française Paris Ile-de-France; QTS awarded by the General Teaching Council for England; Diplôme de professeur des Ecoles (equivalent to PGCE for KS1 and KS2) – Institut Universitaire de Formation des Maîtres – Eure, France.
* As a linguist:
- Probono translations January 2015 to date for a large range of organisations, including the United Nations Department of Publication and Information (translation of the chapters of the UN Yearbook Express 2010 in collaboration with another translator), Unicef-Haïti for its new Platform, Timounyo (translation of articles relating to the situation of children in Haïti), ECPAT Belgium (translation of 2 analysis on the "Influences and Motives of CSAM users online" and on the " Challenges for the Law Enforcement Agencies"). See Project History above for more details
- Translation of “True colors, Handy guide to teamwork” (Don Lowry);
- Translation of brochures on welding electrodes and general business documents, for an automotive company;
- Revision of my students presentations and preparation of a wide range of French courses.
* As a teacher:
- Primary teacher for state schools in France;
- French teacher/tutor (free-lance and for private schools) in Italy and England;
- Carer providing one-to-one support for children on the autistic spectrum.
This user has reported completing projects in the following job categories, language pairs, and fields.