Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Translation - English Basic Sales Transaction Agreement
This agreement is made and entered into by and between [●] Kabushikikaisha (hereinafter referred to as “Company A”) and [●] Kabushikikaisha (hereinafter referred to as “Company B”) on the first date of August, 2007 and the parties hereto agree as follows:
Article 1. (Principles)
1. This agreement (hereinafter referred to as the “Agreement”) sets forth the basic matters concerning sales transactions between Company A and Company B, in which Company A is the ordering party and Company B is the party who accepts the orders.
2. Company A and Company B shall perform the transactions between the parties in good faith in accordance with the principle of respect for mutual interests and to maintain a fair business relationship.
Article 2. (Individual Contracts)
1. This Agreement shall apply to all individual transactions between Company A and Company B, unless otherwise specifically stipulated in individual contracts concluded between Company A and Company B (hereinafter referred to as an “Individual Contract”).
2. An Individual Contract shall be formed at the time when Company A issues to Company B an order sheet prescribed by Company A which describes the date of order, product’s name, specification, unit price, quantity, delivery date, delivery place, payment method and other details, and Company B accepts the same.
3. Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, if Company B does not express any intention within five (5) business days upon the receipt of the order sheet, Company B shall be deemed to accept the terms of the order sheet.
4. Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2, if separately agreed upon between Company A and Company B, the order sheet may be sent through an electric telecommunication line or any other means.
Article 3. (Sales Price and Payment Method)
The sales price and the payment method shall be determined fairly through separate consultation between Company A and Company B.
Article 4. (Inspection upon Acceptance and Delivery)
1. Promptly upon the receipt of the product from Company B, Company A shall inspect the product pursuant to the predetermined inspection method.
2. When passed the inspection according to the preceding Paragraph, Company A shall notify Company B as such and the delivery is deemed to take place at this point.
3. When, as a result of the inspection according to Paragraph 1, it does not pass the inspection, Company A shall notify Company B as such and Company B shall collect the substandard product at their expense and deliver substitutes by the time as designated by Company A.
Article 5. (Special Acceptance)
1. Concerning the substandard product as a result of the inspection according to Article 4, if Company A deems that the defect in the substandard product is trivial and that the substandard product can be used with Company A’s extra efforts, Company A may accept such product on condition that the contract price is discounted.
2. The amount of the discount in the preceding Paragraph shall be determined through separate consultation between Company A and Company B.
English to Japanese: Brief description of the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act of 2002 General field: Law/Patents Detailed field: Accounting
Source text - English The Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act of 2002 was enacted as a United States federal law on July 30, 2002. The legislation establishes new or enhanced standards for all U.S. public company boards, management, and public accounting firms. The Act contains 11 titles, or sections, ranging from additional Corporate Board responsibilities to criminal penalties, and requires the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to implement rulings on requirements to comply with the new law. The Act also covers issues such as auditor independence, corporate governance, internal control assessment, and enhanced financial disclosure.
Translation - Japanese 2002年の米国企業改革法(Sarbanes-Oxley(SOX))法は、米国連邦法として2002年7月30日に制定されました。この法律は、米国のすべての公開会社の取締役会、経営者および監査法人を対象として、新規のまたは改良された基準を制定するものです。本法律は、会社の取締役会の責任強化から刑事罰に至るまで11の表題、または条項を含んでおり、米国証券取引委員会(SEC)に対してこの新しい法律に沿う要件に対する裁定を実行するよう求めるものです。本法律には、監査人の独立性、コーポレート・ガバナンス、内部統制評価および強化された財務情報開示義務等の諸問題も含まれます。
English to Japanese: Privacy Policies General field: Law/Patents Detailed field: Computers (general)
Source text - English Scope of This Policy and the Covered Sites
Unless otherwise stated, this Policy is applicable worldwide and applies to all of our Websites and Services where we provide a link to this Policy, including Services available on Third Party Platforms, unless we provide a link to a different policy.
This Policy applies only to information that we collect online through use of the Websites or Services. It does not apply to information that we may collect through other means.
The Websites and/or Services may contain links to other websites that are owned or operated by third parties (referred to as “Linked Sites”). When you click on any link for a Linked Site and/or visit a Linked Site’s website, you should be aware that you are leaving a our Website, and this Policy does not apply to any such Linked Sites. Additionally, if you use our Services on or through a Third Party Platform, including via any Wireless Devices, your privacy will also be subject to the privacy policies and terms of service of the Third Party Platform. We do not control and are not responsible for the terms of service, privacy policies and/or practices of any Linked Sites or any Third Party Platform you may use to access the Websites and/or Services. Therefore, you should review the policies and agreements of such Linked Sites and/or Third Party Platforms carefully.
The Type of Information We Collect
The Company may collect different information from you depending upon the manner in which you use the Websites or Services. The following examples are provided to help you better understand the information we may collect through your use of and/or interaction with the Websites and/or Services:
Chartered and qualified translator, interpreter and legal specialist specialising in translation and review of legal contents and IT-related matters (working languages: English, Japanese and Chinese (simplified/traditional)). Localization and language quality assurance specialist. Obtained ISO 17100:2015 Certification.
Native Japanese and English speaker with an extensive experience in living, studying and working abroad for more than 10 years, including the United States of America for six years, the United Kingdom for three years, the Republic of South Africa for three years and the People’s Republic of China.
Working as a freelance translator, interpreter, editor and consultant providing consulting and translation services to global clients including Goldman Sachs, UBS, Accenture, Amazon.com, DHL, Intel Corporation, Toyota Motors, Samsung, Huawei and China Unicom. Worked as an Onsite Lead External Linguist (OLXL) at Google Japan Inc. until May 2018 through a British translation agency, thebigword.
In terms of education, obtained the Commendation Award in the Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice from a leading law school in London, and acquired LL.B. from a Japanese university known for providing a top-notch legal education.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Accredited with ISO 17100:2015 *1
- Registered with The Solicitors Regulation Authority of England and Wales (SRA)*2
- Member of The Law Society of England & Wales International Group
- Associate Member of The European Legal Interpreters and Translators Association (EULITA)
- Qualified Member (MITI) of The Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI) (United Kingdom)
- Qualified Member (MCIL) and Chartered Translator of The Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL) (United Kingdom)
- Associate Member of The Translators Association (TTA) (United Kingdom)
- Associate Member of The Society of Authors (SoA) (United Kingdom)
- Member of the ProZ.com Certified PRO Network(English to Japanese)
- Member of the ProZ.com Certified PRO Network(Japanese to English)
*1. The ISO 17100:2015 is the international standard for translation services and is the highest level of recognized standard for translation services and freelance translators.
*2. The SRA confirmed completion of the academic stage of training in 2012 (SRA00729341). Full qualification as a solicitor is subject to vocational training.
GOOGLE JAPAN INC. (Onsite Lead External Linguist working alongside the Language Manager of Google through a British translation agency, thebigword, January 2018 to May 2018)
Worked as the Onsite Lead External Linguist at Google Japan, Inc. to handle the language quality assurance (LQA) work, to localise Google’s products and services and to guide translators towards quality improvements by building glossaries and updating the style guide.
PILLSBURY WINTHROP SHAW PITTMAN LLP (Leading Legal Specialist in e-Discovery Projects in Tokyo, July 2015 to March 2016).
Worked as a leading legal specialist for e-discovery projects including an international bribery case involving Japanese enterprises as a part of a global investigation under the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and a U.S. lawsuit involving a major Japanese news agency.
CMS CAMERON MCKENNA LLP (Legal Specialist in the Technology and Life Science Dept., London and Beijing, October 2012 – March 2013)
CMS is one of the largest legal services providers in Europe with 59 branch offices over 30 countries worldwide. I have worked at the firm’s Technology and Life Sciences Dept. and assisted in IP law-related matters.
ALLEN & OVERY TOKYO (Senior Banking Paralegal, Tokyo, Oct 2007 to Apr 2010)
Worked as the sole Banking Paralegal in Tokyo office supporting English law qualified lawyers in cross-border transactions. My role included support in drafting finance documents, including loan agreement and security agreements, and registering security interests in various jurisdictions.
SUZUYE & SUZUYE IP LAW FIRM (Deputy Section Chief in the Patent Administration Dept. and Litigation Dept. in Tokyo, Apr 2004 to Sep 2007)
Suzuye is one of Japan’s largest, full-service IP law firms in Japan and worked as the Deputy Section Chief at the Patent Administration Dept. and Legal Dept. My role included drafting and translating transfer deeds, licence agreements and other legal documents and handling application and registration of patents and other IP rights.
BPP LAW SCHOOL, post-graduate law degree, London 2010-2012
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice (Obtained the Commendation award, July 2012) Majored in debt finance, equity finance and business law and intellectual property under English law. - Graduate Diploma in Law (July 2011) Modules included Equity and Trust Law, Contract Law and Criminal Law under English law.
CHUO UNIVERSITY, Faculty of Law, Tokyo 1998-2002
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
- Majored in commercial law and company law under Japanese law.
References, latest CV and a list of major projects handled available upon request.
This user has reported completing projects in the following job categories, language pairs, and fields.
Project History Summary
With client feedback
0 positive (0 entries)
English to Japanese
Japanese to English
Chinese to Japanese
IT (Information Technology)
Law: Patents, Trademarks, Copyright
Tourism & Travel
Marketing / Market Research
Transport / Transportation / Shipping
Automotive / Cars & Trucks
Construction / Civil Engineering
Games / Video Games / Gaming / Casino
Energy / Power Generation
Media / Multimedia
Investment / Securities
Law: Taxation & Customs
Food & Drink
Computers: Systems, Networks
Medical: Health Care
Education / Pedagogy
Electronics / Elect Eng
Mining & Minerals / Gems
Mechanics / Mech Engineering
Ships, Sailing, Maritime
Government / Politics
Aerospace / Aviation / Space
Sports / Fitness / Recreation
Printing & Publishing
This profile has received 76 visits in the last month, from a total of 44 visitors