Member since Dec '06
English to SpanishPortuguese to SpanishFrench to SpanishEnglish to PortugueseItalian to Spanish
| Silvina |
Association with skilled professionals
Local time: 08:48 ART (GMT-3)
| Freelancer and outsourcer |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Blue Board: SMS Translations / Silvina M .Sorribas |
|Translation, Editing/proofreading, Website localization, Software localization, Desktop publishing|
|Mathematics & Statistics||Mechanics / Mech Engineering|
|Medical: Pharmaceuticals||Medical: Instruments|
|Military / Defense||Mining & Minerals / Gems|
|Computers (general)||Medical (general)|
|Law (general)||Automation & Robotics|
|Also works in:|
|Marketing / Market Research||Telecom(munications)|
|Engineering (general)||Engineering: Industrial|
|Games / Video Games / Gaming / Casino||Genetics|
|Internet, e-Commerce||IT (Information Technology)|
|Metallurgy / Casting||Nutrition|
|Real Estate||Social Science, Sociology, Ethics, etc.|
|Sports / Fitness / Recreation||Energy / Power Generation|
|Electronics / Elect Eng||Anthropology|
|Automotive / Cars & Trucks||Biology (-tech,-chem,micro-)|
|Business/Commerce (general)||Chemistry; Chem Sci/Eng|
|Computers: Software||Computers: Systems, Networks|
|Education / Pedagogy||Construction / Civil Engineering|
English to Spanish - Standard rate: 0.09 USD per word / 25 USD per hour
Portuguese to Spanish - Standard rate: 0.08 USD per word / 30 USD per hour
French to Spanish - Standard rate: 0.08 USD per word / 30 USD per hour
| PRO-level points: 81, Questions answered: 151, Questions asked: 389 |
|Argentine pesos (ars)|
| IT |
|ASTM F2089-01, ASTM F2575, EN 15038, ISO 9001, Notary Approved, SAE J2450, SDL Certified|
|Years of translation experience: 27. Registered at ProZ.com: Oct 1999. Became a member: Dec 2006.|
|English to Spanish (Colegio de Traductores de la Pcia. de Santa Fe 2da. Circunscripción)|
|Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, DejaVu, Dreamweaver, FrameMaker, Idiom, Indesign, Lingotek, MemoQ, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Pro, Microsoft Word, Multilizer, Adobe Acrobat Writer (with PDF Extractor), Alchemist Catalyst, Corel Catalyst, FrameMaker, PageMaker, PAHO (Machine Translation), Pagemaker, Passolo, Powerpoint, QuarkXPress, SDL TRADOS, SDLX, STAR Transit, Translation Workspace, Wordfast, XTM|
2007 - Level 3 Certification
* Certified Translator, Editor & Proofreader from English into Spanish - my native language (both Latin American & European).
Along with a team of professional linguists under my direction, I am basically responsible for English > Spanish > English assignments and have formed a workgroup with native translators skilled in different language combinations and several areas of expertise for the purpose of providing my clients with a larger portfolio of services and the best quality available.
If the language of your interest is not listed here, please feel free to let me know and rest assured that I would make the best to contact you with the ideal candidate.
12 years expertise - Full time
The fields of expertise of which we have a good command are as follows:
- Computers: General; Software Localization (UI, help files, computer & video games, websites/HTML, software strings, manuals and license agreements); Computer Hardware; Semiconductors & Computer systems analysis
- Business: General; Financing & Banking; Accounting & auditing; Advertising & Public Relations; Hotel Management; Insurance, Labor Relations; Marketing; Printing & Publishing; Real Estate; Stock Market; SAP; Tourism & Travel
- Arts & Humanities: General; Architecture; Gastronomy; Journalism; Literature; Photography; Religion; Math
- Law: General; Banking & Financial Law; Contracts; Patents, Trademarks & Copyrights; Tax Law; agreements in general, last wills, claims, suits, assignments, bylaws, acts, trademarks, registrations, certificates of pharmaceutical products, certificates of good manufacturing practices, powers of attorney, articles of incorporation, memoranda of association, etc.
- Medicine: General; Health Care; Nutrition; Chemistry; Dentistry; Science; Microbiology, Clinical Studies, Test Reports and Methods, Medical Manuals, Drug Submission Applications, Quality Control Analysis Certificates, Product Analysis Methods, Product Specifications, Labels, Formulas and Permits for Sanitary Approval by Local Authorities
- Engineering: General; Chemical; Civil & Hydraulic; Electrical; Industrial; Mechanical; Nuclear & Petroleum
- Entertainment: General; Multimedia; Music; Television & radio
- Industry & Technology: General; Automotive industry; Building & construction; Cosmetics; Electronics; Energy; Glass & Ceramics; Machinery & Tools; Mining & Minerals; Paper & Pulp; Plastics & Rubber; Steelmaking; Telecommunications; Textile & Fashion; Transportation
- Social sciences: General; Education; International development; Political science; Sociology
- Wide knowledge of other subjects
- Hardware: AMD XP 2100, Mother MSI SK-A 6590 KT4+SON 5,1 agp 8X; HD 40GB 7200 RPM, DDR 512 MB, Drive 1,44; Cabinet ATX, CD Recorder with 2 printers: HP LaserJet 4000 printer and Cannon BJC 4400 ink-jet printer
- 512 Kbps ADSL bandwith
- Translation Memory tools: Trados Workbench (6.0); StarTransit; Wordfast; SDLX.
- Windows environment
- Acrobat Writer (with PDF Extractor)
- Page Maker
- Corel Catalyst
- Corel Draw
- Digital Dictionaries
- Winzip & Winrar
- Team work with other translators on large projects (2 months or more).
- Leading of translation teams.
- Works with on-line glossaries.
- Glossary building experience.
- Experience, promptness, quality and reliability.
- Daily output: about 3,000 words
Totally negotiable based on mutual beneficial agreement between both parties and according to the complexity, urgency and length of the project in question.
Keywords: - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Profile last updated
Jan 22, 2016