Mature professional with extensive experience in translation in medical, legal and international fields; very good command of English and Arabic terminology; and using computer applications in the areas of administration, recruitment and human resources management.
• Experienced in translation of United Nations Documents in various fields.
• Skillful user of Microsoft Programs and Computer-Assisted Translation Tools (Trados).
• Good supervisory skills acquired throughout my career, including planning, programming, team leadership, training, mentoring and evaluation, in addition to good communication, report-writing and presentation skills.
• Excellent Arabic and English, some French and German.
• Translated and reviewed a large number of documents (containing several millions of words) in medical, legal, technical, scientific, commercial, economic, social and political fields for local, regional and international organizations.
• Managed Human Resources, Recruitment Services, payroll services and organizational restructuring activities for large companies in Egypt and the Middle East.
• Prepared manpower plans and budgets (including manpower reduction planning), administered Human Resources programs (including manpower development, management development and succession planning), conducted recruitment activities (including Targeted Selection System of Structured Interviewing/ Competency-based Interviewing), coordinated training courses (including training needs assessment), and implemented personnel rules and regulations.
• Freelance Arabic/English Translator, Nov. 2014 – Now.
• Translator, Arabic Translation Service, Documentation Division, United Nations, Oct. 2006 – Oct. 2015.
• General Manager, Prime Translation, June 2004 – Aug. 2006.
• Chief Translator/Editor, MITSCO Languages and Translation Company, May 2003 – June 2004.
• General Manager, Prime Resources, July 2000 – May 2003.
• Manager, SOS Kinderdorf in Cairo, Egypt, July 2000 – July 2001.
• Human Resources Manager, Premier Recruitment and Services, Nov. 1994 – July 1999.
• Recruitment Specialist, National Company for Cooperative Insurance, Jan. 1993 – June 1994.
• Translator / Training Coordinator / Senior Planning and Programs Analyst, Saudi Electric Co., March 1982 – Sept. 1992.
• Translator / Researcher, Embassy of Japan in Cairo, Nov. 1981 – March 1982.
• Intern / General Practitioner, Ministry of Health in Egypt, March 1979 – Oct. 1981.
Education & Training:
• High School Diploma with Advanced Level English, High School for Advanced Students, Cairo, 1970.
• Bachelor's Degree in Medicine, Cairo University, 1978.
• Post-Graduate Diploma of English/Arabic Translation (Part I), Cairo University, University, 1981.
• Professional Diploma of Human Resources Management, American University in Cairo, 1998.
• General Assembly and Security Council Documents.
• UN Information System.
• Research of legal documents.
• Ethics and integrity at the workplace.
• Effective communication.
Licenses and Certificates:
• Passed the UN Language Competitive Examination for Arabic Translation, 2005.
• Awarded ICDL START Certificate, 2013.
I have recently retired from the United Nations after serving for eight years in the Arabic Translation Service of the Documentation Division.
Prior to that, I was managing Prime Arabic Translation Company, which provided language services to Corporate Clients in all fields of Business and Industry in Egypt and the Middle East.
We have provided translation services in commercial, medical, financial and Legal fields.
We have translated large volumes of documents in various fields including law, administration, environment, development, marketing and medicine.
Our translation services are unique in terms of quality, speed and accuracy.
I have long experience and excellent achievement record in translation services from English to Arabic and vice versa.
I utilize Computerized Translation Tools and Translation memories, to ensure speed and consistency.
At Prime Arabic Translation, we always endeavored to meet the needs of clients.
If you have any enquiry or need any further information or explanation, please contact me by phone on number (1) 980-949-8683 or (1) 646-712-0964 from 9 AM to 5 PM Standard Eastern Time = GMT-4) Monday to Friday or by e-Mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be pleased to provide you with our high quality professional Arabic Translation Services at competitive rates.
I provide Translation Services from English to Arabic and vice versa, including translation of Agreements, Contracts, Reports, Offers, Manuals, Guidelines, Memoranda, Proposals, Plans, Brochures, Books, Petitions, Proceedings, Tender Documents, Advertisements, Feasibility Studies, Research Papers, Briefings, Press Releases, etc.
Prime Arabic Translation Company has provided Translation Services to the following organizations:
Embassies, Trade Offices, International Organizations, Aid Agencies, International Law Firms, Chartered Accountants, Auditing Firms, Ministries, Public Authorities, Universities, Newspapers, Chambers of Commerce, Holding Companies, Engineering Consultants, Pharmaceutical Companies, Petroleum and Petrochemicals Companies, Hotels, Banks, Major and Multinational Companies.
Specifically, I have provided translation services to major companies and international Organizations in Egypt, the Middle East and worldwide, including:
The United Nations (New York), Arab Contractors, Egyptian Family Planning Organization, New Technology, Orascom, Impressions Marketing Services, Allied Medical Company and FedEx (Egypt), Sceco-East, Saudi Aramco, General Dynamics (Saudi Arabia), Middle East Translation Services (USA) and many other clients.
Mode of Operation:
I receive the materials to be translated by various methods from our clients : by e-mail, fax, courier, mail or by messenger.
The material is carefully checked in order to get immediate clarifications from the client if necessary.
Translation is conducted by our group of translators who include experts in various fields : Commercial, Technical, Medical, Financial and Legal.
Revision is then carried out by expert Editors who review the translated text in order to ensure accuracy, style and consistency.
The translated text (in MS Word format) is then delivered to the client in hard-copy by Laser Printer (as well as on diskette if required), by e-mail, fax, courier, mail or by messenger.
Our Fees :
A cost estimate is quoted to the client, depending on the language of the original and target text as well as type of materials to be translated.
Our agreement to perform the required translation requires the name of the outsourcing agency or company, contact person, street address, web site address, telephone and fax numbers and any further information concerning its identity.
We assure you that we will provide you with excellent translation services.