I started my career before the Internet came of age and I acquired my technical knowledge on the field, translating side by side with engineers. product designers and developers at local manufacturing companies. I learnt about sheet metal processing, machine tools, NC devices and CAD/CAM systems. I know the technical jargon used in the real world and I know how to turn it into clear and good Italian.
- Two years in London working as an au pair and studying for my CE Proficiency of English
- Three-month internship at an event management company - Italy
- Degree in Foreign Languages (English and Spanish) - Italy
- In-house junior translator - Italy
- Two years teaching English at a high school in Milan
- Two years teaching Italian to foreign students - Italy
- Project Manager at a large localization company in Milan
Main projects: Sheet metal processing: instruction manuals for punching machines, hydraulic press brakes, shearing machines, tooling systems and relevant safety devices. Diamond tools and powder metal processing: instruction manuals for sintering machines, grinding machines and volumetric coldpresses. Converting: slitters/rewinders, rotogravure presses, solventless coaters/laminators. CNC and DNC systemsCAD/CAM: solid modeller OLH, nesting optimizer UGI, shopfloor control system OLH, explicit CAD systems. SW localization: remote communication software for fuel dispensers, data infrastructure software, digital controller UGI, Web browser for wireless devices, MMS client interface, online order management system.
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.