Afrikaans to English
English to Afrikaans
| Charl Hattingh |
Meticulous Health Sciences Linguist
Local time: 09:42 SAST (GMT+2)
, English (Variant: South African)
| || |
| Freelancer, Verified site user |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Translation, Editing/proofreading, Website localization, Software localization, Project management|
|Medical: Pharmaceuticals||Medical: Health Care|
|Also works in:|
|Medical: Cardiology||IT (Information Technology)|
|Media / Multimedia||Medical: Instruments|
|Printing & Publishing||Telecom(munications)|
| Questions answered: 1 |
|Other - Honours (cum laude) from University of Stellenbosch|
|Years of translation experience: 28. Registered at ProZ.com: Oct 1999.|
|Across, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, Wordfast|
| Price fixing strategies to optimize your revenues [download]|
Five Keys to Effective Search of High-End Clients for a Translator [download]
Clinical Trials and Medical Documentation: Resources and Translation Strategies for New Translators [download]
Health Sciences Linguist
• Provide linguistic, consultancy and project management services to international linguistics agencies for development of patient-reported outcomes (PRO) material used in clinical trials.
• Scope includes project budgeting, linguist recruitment, coordination of forward and backward translation, recruitment and cognitive debriefing of patients, cognitive debriefing review, implementation of clinician and author review, and final editing and translation decisions.
• Provide editing, cross-cultural adaptation, localization and translation of patient-reported outcomes (PRO) material, informed consent and other clinical trial documentation, psychometric rating scales, and patient medical records in Afrikaans, British English, American English, and South African English.
• Fully bilingual native speaker of South African English and Afrikaans, translating both directions between Afrikaans and English.
• Skills and experience as Clinical Psychologist inform linguistic work with psychometric instruments and PRO material.
• Subject areas include psychology, psychiatry, medicine, healthcare and pharmaceuticals.
Clinical Psychologist in Private Practice
• Conduct diagnostic psychological and psychosexual evaluations, individual and couples psychotherapy, and sex therapy in an outpatient private practice (including remote sessions via Skype).
• Provide clinical review of translated/localized/culturally adapted patient-reported outcomes (PRO) measures related to mental health.
• BDram (majors in Drama and English)
• BA (honors) Journalism (cum laude)
• MA Clinical Psychology
Keywords: psychology, psychiatry, medicine, hiv/aids, pharmaceuticals, sexuality, medical, clinical trials, linguistic validation, patient-reported outcomes measures, treatment satisfaction questionnaires, psychological measures, psychometrics, psychometric instruments, psychiatric evaluation, psychological evaluation, symptom scales, symptom severity scales, english translation, afrikaans translation, english-afrikaans translation, afrikaans-english translation, project management, linguistic validation project management, psycho-medical field, adaptation, localization.
Profile last updated
Sep 23, 2014